• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Anyone have a home cutting machine thing?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I am working on a project that requires taking a handful of .dxf files and cutting them out of paper.

Apparently there is a common home use cutting machine that can pull this off.

They're 5-15mm tall letters and numbers only.

Alternatively, anyone know where I can get the files cut as stickers or something?

JW

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thank you. This is a huge leap in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I used to get paint masking stencils cut from a specific kind of stick-on material but looks like they went kaput. There are plenty of graphics / sign making / vinyl places in town but they can be spendy or apply min setup charges. An RC friend of mine ended up buying a little unit & does his own but I don't know the brand name. I suspect its like CalgaryPT's link. He mentioned some require using their feedstock & others use more common sizes so check that. There might even be online places if you just have a single job can afford some shipping time.

Murdoch

Screenshot_2017-10-07-05-55-40.png
This little gem can be found at Michael's for around $200.00
Prop builders use these for cutting Pepakura in cardstock, but they are great for stencil's, decals or whatever.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thats my bad, sorry guys. All images appear to be uploading properly again now. But please let me know if we see any other issues.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
"Cutting machines" or "die cutting machines" There are a few name brands, but that's the general term.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I bought my Daughter in law one for Christmas a couple years back it was a Cricket and it worked great.