• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Anyone Built a Motorcycle (or similar) Lift Table?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I'm thinking about building a lift table similar to the plans offered here: http://www.custom-choppers-guide.com/motorcycle-lift-table.html

I don't ride at all, but am in need of something I can drive snowblowers, lawn motors, etc., up onto and raise up using air over hydraulic ram, or even a 12V PowerPac I have from PA I am not using. I would modify the design to get rid of the chock, and perhaps make it 36 inches wide instead. I also want it to double as a secondary welding table.

Has anyone built one before? Do you know of other good plans available? Any good tips???

I've seen this table before, it's one of those things you cannot un-see and anything else is just mundane

Haha true.

Jokes aside, it seems like a relatively simple scissor jack setup, isn't it?

A quick google search and I found a few good contenders for plans that I would work against:
F4PH7Z1H4AGJT78.LARGE.jpg

Lots of good ideas here:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Moto...zBucQyjcIJw&ei=UuGIWMLDNqvYjwTI5pi4Dg#imgrc=_

Do you have a pic of the air over hydraulic ram you're planning to use?

JW

Thanks Tom. This is similar to what I am thinking about, but I'll probably go wider as it is for snowblowers etc and not bike. But your link is helpful.

It's not super complicated and no special parts are required. It's just getting the geometry right. I'm looking at either the air over hydraulic long stroke replacement ram for the PA engine jack or repurposing my Hydraulic power PAC. But it's 12volt. I know the PA rams are not intended for horizontal use, but I've seen then used fine, so we'll see.

Well it's a good starting point seeing how they did it, changed, or should have. It would be a handy thing to have loading the heavy aquirements on / off the truck hmmm slide in removable edge rails?

Back