Anybody have a tailstock for a south bend

thriller007

Anybody have a extra tailstock kicking around for a South Bend model A. I’ve been tripping over this lathe I was thinking of fixing up but have lost motivation as of late. possibly if I had a tailstock it would motivate me more. Or it might not but at least it would be complete.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 23

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Anybody have a extra tailstock kicking around for a South Bend model A. I’ve been tripping over this lathe I was thinking of fixing up but have lost motivation as of late. possibly if I had a tailstock it would motivate me more. Or it might not but at least it would be complete.
Depends on how bad you want it , I guess. Not my ad.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
They say... somewhere out there..... is a rainbow..... and at the end of that rainbow......
(I'm taking photoshop elements self learning, seemed like a productive use of my time LOL)

Attachments

• rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
I kinda miss spoke earlier, i I do have a tailstock for an A Model, but it's a 16", I assume that it's a 9" required. Have to wonder, do tailstocks run away with socks? Nothing else seems to go missing as much as those two..... Do seem like an odd couple though. :p

gmihovics

Garrett
I think I ran into a guy selling South Bend lathe parts on Kijiji or FB. let me take a look and see if I can find his ad again.

ok heres the ad. he seems to collect lathes and sell the parts. he has a few ads mentioning south bend but none list tailstock. might be worth reaching out to him though.

Last edited:

thriller007

I think I ran into a guy selling South Bend lathe parts on Kijiji or FB. let me take a look and see if I can find his ad again.

ok heres the ad. he seems to collect lathes and sell the parts. he has a few ads mentioning south bend but none list tailstock. might be worth reaching out to him though.

Thanks I sent him a message to see if he has anything