Antique lathe selling.

Morning,
This old lathe is for sale in the small town I live in, Fairview, Alberta. We are 120KM north of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
I'm not in the position to purchase this, so I'm putting it on here, hopefully someone else is interested.
A neat old piece of equipment.
I asked the lady selling it for any brand, model, or numbers that may identify it and it's history.
This is her response - It came from the US army when the Alaska Hwy was built! Good piece of machinery! Hardly any use!
There may be some identifiers on it, if someone knows where she can look.
Here's some pictures and the ad on Facebook. Hope this interests one of you.
Even if you don't want to purchase it, if you know more about it, please let me know and I will pass the information on to the seller.
Thanks,
Ken
IMG_1609.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.11.44 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.12.27 AM.png

I can only upload these 2 photos. I'll try adding more to a separate post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple more photos, but I keep getting this message.

• The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.
Not sure what to do.
The pics have a smaller jpeg number than the ones that are above.
I'm not well versed in photo sizes, how to adjust them to fit,etc.
Any advice is appreciated.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Morning,
This old lathe is for sale in the small town I live in, Fairview, Alberta. We are 120KM north of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
I'm not in the position to purchase this, so I'm putting it on here, hopefully someone else is interested.
A neat old piece of equipment.
I asked the lady selling it for any brand, model, or numbers that may identify it and it's history.
This is her response - It came from the US army when the Alaska Hwy was built! Good piece of machinery! Hardly any use!
There may be some identifiers on it, if someone knows where she can look.
Here's some pictures and the ad on Facebook. Hope this interests one of you.
Even if you don't want to purchase it, if you know more about it, please let me know and I will pass the information on to the seller.
Thanks,
Ken
View attachment 35517View attachment 35518

I can only upload these 2 photos. I'll try adding more to a separate post.
seems like a deal given your location

I'm trying to find a way to afford it.
It would be a very interesting piece.
If I can't get it, hopefully someone here will.
Ken.

Picture quality is very poor but it looks a lot like a South Bend to me. If so there should be some machine tags on the headstock or rear gear cover.

I just spoke with her and someone is on their way to purchase it. I'm actually surprised. People who do metal working don't seem very common in this area.
Hopefully it goes to a good home.
The information is appreciated and interesting.
Thanks.