• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Another RF-30 clone followed me home today, a King PDM-30. That's two, now the rebuild starts.

Kilohertz

Slightly left of Vernon, BC
Just got home after a grueling day of work then loading an 18 foot flat deck trailer with fresh cut ponderosa pine for the start of this year‘s firewood, I am dead beat.

However I managed to muster enough energy to drag out the callipers and measure the pitch on both lead screws. The ball screw pitch is .2 inch and the original larger diameter but finer pitch is .1 inch.

And a picture to go with this, including the little balls that fell on the floor. :(

Also just realized the hand wheels are the wrong shaft size to work with the ball screw lead screw. Would need to find new ones or maybe, just maybe mind you, make this into a CNC machine and keep the Craftex 30 as a manual machine. o_O

Hopefully will have more play time after work tomorrow.

Cheers

4AD69465-EE7D-4E13-977F-A390921D0A01.jpeg 0D59AE4A-FE4D-4538-BBCE-B7235C6703A3.jpeg

Last edited: