• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Another hello from Victoria!

Hi Folks! My name is Nick, I'm from Victoria, BC and I'm pleased to be joining this group. I joined a few months ago but haven't posted yet. I'm studying mechanical engineering, but machining and making/building things is where my hearts at. Currently, I'm rebuilding a King mini mill, a KC20-VS and once this is complete a lathe is next on my list!
I have to rework a few miter gears for the z-axis, and am looking for someone who might let me use their lathe locally to bore them out. If anyone in Victoria has a shop or a lathe and is willing to help out a young fellow starting out I'd be happy to connect!

Cheers

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome Nick.
Lots of helpful guys at CHMW.
I worked as a machinist for a few years,
went back for Mech. Tech and Business.
Got a couple King Machines from KBC Tools.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Morning Nick, I'm out in flannel tuxedo country, Sooke.
If you hover over a members avatar there can be a location listed. A lot of members have their location and machines listed in their signature block as well.