• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

another 3DP application

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Saw this on HM forum & thought this is a neat application. Maybe for custom panels or restoring old machines with rubbed off face plates. I've seen some etching examples when trying to restore the original plates, but it looks labor intensive. In 3DP you can do all the layout, font, sizing, background (maybe even curvature?) in CAD & the end result looks kind of snappy. Some more examples in the post.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/fixing-some-pm935tv-issues.80971/#post-703288

Attachments

• SNAG-12-30-2019 0001.jpg
    SNAG-12-30-2019 0001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0

Tom O

Ultra Member
Interesting I’ll have to try that on the Replicator x2 it has 2 filliments but I have never tried a duo filliment build or any dissolvable filliment.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very snappy. I'm guessing you printed the red base color first then black on top but its all fused together as one part?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Very snappy. I'm guessing you printed the red base color first then black on top but its all fused together as one part?
Yes exactly. Change filaments part way through. You can set a “manual tool change” at different heights and switch the filaments. I’m going to print a machine label next.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
More samples

Attachments

• C0B58A76-1D47-4754-9CAC-8BAB379E7A26.jpeg
    C0B58A76-1D47-4754-9CAC-8BAB379E7A26.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0