• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Product Anchor Lube...

Product

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
No, it's not for oiling anchors....

I came across this stuff at KBC, and I've been using it exclusively over the past two weeks instead of the usual cutting oils.

Anchor lube51.JPG

It is a creamy, water based goop that stays put and doesn't fly off the work.

I like the fact that when tapping deep holes it seems to help pull most of the swarf out and it cleans up very easily.

A 50ml bottle is about $12 and I would expect that to last a couple of years in my shop.

Recommended!

Attachments

• Anchor lube48.JPG
    Anchor lube48.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Anchor lube50.JPG
    Anchor lube50.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 2
Works well on SS and other exotic materials and can diluted with water (I think up to 15%?), but since it’s water based it can get moldy. I will also stain steel and other metals if not cleaned off fairly soon after use.

I like it for materials like plastics, etc, or for finished parts I need to make a small revision to (drill tap etc.) because of the water solubility, and lower likelihood of an unexpected reaction down the road (versus cutting oils). The tendency to stay put instead of spreading is handy as well, in some circumstances.

It smells rather like hand moisturizer, I’m half convinced that’s what it is.

I like it also.

A side benefit is that it doesn’t smoke so I don’t get the evil eye for the smell of hot cutting oil when I’m using it.

Instructions on my bottle say cut with up to one part water, I guess that means 1:1.

D :cool:

Back