• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Aluminium Spools

AntCaps

Hey guys,
I was hoping someone would be up for turning me a few aluminum spools (think big bobbins).
ill add a picture but what im hoping for are some aluminium spools with an outer diameter of 2.25" A total width of 1.125" a center hole .5" and .125 for all the wall thicknesses. I need at least 2 but price depending i might want more.
Thanks for any help,
Anthony

feel free to ask any questions ill do my best to answer them.

Attachments

• spool.png
    spool.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi Anthony
Is the "axle" diameter 0.125 + 0.5 + 0.125 = 0.75" ?

Any flexibility on the 2.25" diameter?

Steel maybe?

Hey Janger,
Yes the axel would be .75" over all with a .5" hole. I have some leeway with the diameter but weight and corrosion is an issue so i would need aluminum.

You might want to discuss the 0.5" hole beforehand in terms of tolerance. Will the part be free spinning on a shaft, will it be press fit on a shaft, is the shaft diameter generic or is something in hand that needs to be a fit-to type thing. How that hole is made (drilled, bored, reamed...) will factor into those parameters & it wont be an easy thing to alter after the fact.

Back