• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Albrecht style small chucks sensitive feed style

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Can someone explain how these work. I take it shank is held in mill collet & you grasp the knurled ring. But is that to move the chuck up & down in a more controlled manner with feel or like pecking? Or is it some kind of friction engage/disengage so you can feel if drill is loading? What is the purpose of what looks like screw on straight shank?

Attachments

• EDT-2022-03-26 10.27.49 AM.webp
    EDT-2022-03-26 10.27.49 AM.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 9
Yup, the ring is on bearing that allows it to stay still when down feeding the drill gently into the work. The pin provides the drive between the outer cylinder that is held in the drillpress or mill chuck, and the inner shaft that carries the small chuck. I have both the 0 to 1.5mm chuck and 0 to 1/8" chuck, both in like new condition. I would sell one for $120 if anyone is interested.

Hi Ian. I'm interested. Do the chucks have an integrated cylindrical shank like picture or are they standalone chucks & arbor still required?
Are the body OD's about the same between the 0-1.5mm & 0-1/8?

Hi Peter. Both have 1/2" shanks and are complete, nothing else required. I have attached a pic.
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Peter: While I am trying to rationalize my tools so that my kids won't hate me when I die, I am still open to interesting trades.

Thanks Ian. I have a numbered drill set (#61-#80) & some forthcoming teeny holes, so I think the 0-1.5mm size. Would you concur that's the better choice? I assume I grip the shank in my R8 collet & good to go? My main chuck is pretty accurate but much larger body size & of course no sensitive infeed features. Consider it sold (or traded). PM me & we can swap e-transfer details. I doubt I have eclectic tool collection as you, but of there is something of particular interest let me know.

I think the 0-1.5 is the best choice, and while they are both perfectly functional, the small one is just a little nicer. The few times I have used them have always been in my 1/2" R8 collet. Currently, I am not pining for any tool in particular. I can package it up and put it in the mail. If you add $5 to the price I will pay the rest of the postage. E- transfer can be made to [email protected] . Please send me your mailing address.

Back