• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Alba Shaper $500 Abbotsford BC

Yes, it sure is, TB!

Wish I had the transport, and space! Else I would be on my way!

Got one up on ya 140! Mine is already done! :)

If it wasn't for the frickin ferries I'd probably have it already.
Where are you?
Anybody have an idea of the weight of the shaper?

If it wasn't for the frickin ferries I'd probably have it already.
Where are you?
Anybody have an idea of the weight of the shaper?
Am in Lillooet.

My read is that this is an 18 inch stroke Shaper.

Best I can find for weight, is that that 14 inch version, is at 1875 pounds. At http://www.lathes.co.uk/Alba/index.html

Dunno. Maybe we would be both better off spending some time and money with Beers instead...

I'd figure that those extra 4 inches of stroke likely put the weight well above 2200 pounds.

Starting to look like work, not fun!

I'm guessing at about 1200 lbs or so..... It looks like a 12" from the one picture I can see (no Facebook, nope, not happening).
WRONG! LOL! We need a "Neener neener neener!" icon! :P

See above!

They were NOT cheap with the cast iron!

lathes.co.uk has the 2s at1500lbs and this is a type4 so I'd guess it's even heavier. My poor little old Tacoma wouldn't handle it.

@trevj - Lillooet makes you closer to it than me, start the truck. lol

140, you better the truck gassed up! That one is a beauty and is just about free (well, compared to what other things cost)
I have a $1000 prize for the first person who invents the teleporter (caveat, it must be capable of moving loose, inorganic items up to 3 tons in weight to any point on earth from anywhere else on earth)

I'd have thought this would be gone by now.

I have sent a few messages to the seller (finally a good deal on this side of the nation) but still haven't got any response. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but if someone else on here beat me to it that's awesome too - but I might want to come use it :)

Just herd back from the seller. he has 24 people asking about it so first come first served - gave his address and said he will be there till 4. I guess a race is better then an auction, but only if you win the race. This will just have to be another one of those stories about the one that got away.

Back