Anyone tried any of the online services where you can upload images of an object from different angles & it (supposedly) does a credible job of spitting out a 3DP-able file, usually STL but other formats depending on the service? I thought the normal AI tools might do that but Gemini declined. It gave me a list of leads as below. I doubt the crappy & limited perspectve images I have in mind for a test project would not yield anything satisfactory & I dont really have a good way to 'fix' mesh files using my CAD tools without a lot of work, they arent really good at that. But I'm also curious what a service would spit out. They all seem to require a signup which I would just use a burner email. The better ones show some amazing what I call Creatures & Garden Gnomes, but not really sure if those were generated or just clickbait files that could have originated from a mesh modeller for all I know. Anyone gone down this path?
Free Online Image-to-3D Tools
- Meshy AI (meshy.ai): Offers a generous free tier with monthly credits. You can upload a cropped image of one cat figurine, select the Image-to-3D tool, and download the resulting mesh directly as an .STL or .OBJ.
- 3D AI Studio (3daistudio.com): Allows you to run multiple open-source single-image/multi-view engines (like Hunyuan3D and Trellis) in browser without installing local software. Supports direct .STL downloads.
- Tripo3D (tripo3d.ai): Generates fast, clean initial meshes on its free plan. Ideal for getting a quick organic silhouette before refining.
- Upsampler ([upsampler.com/free-image-to-3d-no-signup](https://upsampler.com/free-image-to-3d-no-signup)): Uses the open-source Stable Fast 3D model. You can drag and drop your cropped photo, run the generator, and instantly download a 3D .GLB file without signing in.
- Fast3D (fast3d.io): Allows immediate, no-signup test generations directly in the browser and exports standard mesh formats.