Difficult Acto (Machineryplans.com) Plans

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sometimes I hate you guys:p how am I going to get anything done this afternoon???
Great find, interesting tool and cutter grinder another rabbithole.
Thanks for sharing.

Rauce

Ultra Member
I have the acto mini lathe plans. I’ve had some strange urge for a while to try and make a machine tool myself. I keep changing my mind about what I’ll build. I bought the plans as inspiration and not with intention of following them exactly. I received 19 pages of notes and instructions, 54 pages of drawings and 74 pictures of individual completed parts.

I think the drawings could be better but they’re useable. I’m pretty sure they’re all individual part drawings, no assembly drawings (which I would have appreciated).

GlenG

Glen
I have the acto mini lathe plans. I’ve had some strange urge for a while to try and make a machine tool myself. I keep changing my mind about what I’ll build. I bought the plans as inspiration and not with intention of following them exactly. I received 19 pages of notes and instructions, 54 pages of drawings and 74 pictures of individual completed parts.

I think the drawings could be better but they’re useable. I’m pretty sure they’re all individual part drawings, no assembly drawings (which I would have appreciated).
What sort of size are the drawings A (8.5x11) size or larger?

Last edited:

GlenG

Glen
I’m not sure what you get if you pay for printed drawings, I should have clarified I opted for digital only. Everything I got is a .pdf
Sorry, my poorly worded question. PDF will scale up or down for what ever your printer size is, but I have access to a plotter so if their native size was say D size (24”x36) I could plot them full size.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
The actual origin of the site is from Australia. Been around for over a decade. Not too many plans available.