• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool ACCUSIZE

Tool
I recently had a problem with one of their products (one part theirs, one parts my own fault), one quick phone call and they stepped up and exchanged it (I went there in person).

Additionally they as explained that they constantly upgrade and improve their products based on customer feedback, even if that means changing suppliers.

In speaking with them I made them aware of our group and that we purchase products and pointed out we as a group could be a good customer source.

If you are purchasing directly, let them know you are part of the group.

I know that many others on here don't all feel the same way that you and I do.

My personal view is that their products have improved and so has their customer care. I don't hesitate to buy from them. Any problem I ever had was dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction.

I know that many others on here don't all feel the same way that you and I do.

My personal view is that their products have improved and so has their customer care. I don't hesitate to buy from them. Any problem I ever had was dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction.
This has been my experience as well.... I don't mind paying a little bit more for the piece of mind that I am going to get what I ordered.

My only Accusize purchase was a set of 'metric' counterbores. They weren't cheap by my standards. I talked on the phone to several people there and never did get a clear answer on the sizing. The counterbores seem to work OK - light use so far, mostly in aluminum, so hard to tell. The sizing doesn't fit any metric cap screws - to counterbore for a 6mm cap screw, it needs a pilot hole that's 6.5 mm. Perhpas this is the standard, but it seems strange to me. Nice box, though. :) So, YMMV as the saying goes.

Last edited:
The sizing doesn't fit any metric cap screws - to counterbore for a 6mm cap screw, it needs a pilot hole that's 6.5 mm. Perhpas this is the standard, but it seems strange to me.

I have 3 sets of counterbores. Every single one of them seems WAY TOO BIG for my taste. I usually end up using an end mill.

I agree with your suspicion. It seems like some wild man set those standards!

Not only that, but they all seem to need a larger drill hole for the shank that is way bigger than the screw too.

I cannot help but think there is more to this whole countersink thing than I know but I confess I've always had higher priorities and never took the time to dope it all out.

I'll be watching this thread to see what others know about it.

I have numerous products from Accusize and no complaints. I have far more problems with my Mitutoyo dial caliper than with my Accusize counterpart. In my opinion much better than your average Chinese knock offs.

@David_R8 said 'I've had excellent products and prices from Accusize.'

Concur with your comments, having never had to return anything. Totally trust their products as listed from their on line catalogue.

Shipping is a real pain due to my location so one needs plan ahead, call that being pro active!

My order experience is with BXA tool holders and MT2 and MT3 stuff. The BXA holders were excellent, even the set screws (which I replaced - because) All of the Morse taper stuff was as cheap as anywhere I can find, and very good quality - concentric, finish, fit.

I have 3 sets of counterbores. Every single one of them seems WAY TOO BIG for my taste. I usually end up using an end mill.

I agree with your suspicion. It seems like some wild man set those standards!

Not only that, but they all seem to need a larger drill hole for the shank that is way bigger than the screw too.

I cannot help but think there is more to this whole countersink thing than I know but I confess I've always had higher priorities and never took the time to dope it all out.

I'll be watching this thread to see what others know about it.
The pilot size for a counter bore is larger than the nominal size of the fastener.

For Imperial threads the counterbore pilot is 1/32 larger than the thread size (up to 1”). For example a counterbore for a 5/16 fastener has a 11/32 pilot.

Not sure how it works for metric.

The pilot size for a counter bore is larger than the nominal size of the fastener.

For Imperial threads the counterbore pilot is 1/32 larger than the thread size (up to 1”). For example a counterbore for a 5/16 fastener has a 11/32 pilot.

Not sure how it works for metric.

But why? A 32nd seems like a lot to me.

Do you happen to know what the clearance for the cap screw head is supposed to be?

I see someone commenting on shipping. Not sure if you're referring to price of shipping or ease of shipping? They do have both their online store and an amazon store. Tooling prices are the same, but shipping can vary.

I've ordered a few things from them. So far, so good.

Andrew

Yes, I'd advise checking to see if Accusize is listing the product you want in their Amazon store. Shipping can make a big difference- probably more so the further you are from the GTA. Example- counterbore set @ $108 Via amazon, free shipping Via Accusize website $108+ $25.20 shipping to me in BC. And, with Amazon, returns are fairly easy (aside from the hassle of dropping off the parcel). I'd be very surprised if Accusize offered to pay the shipping for returns, for any reason at all, with refund within a couple of days, or instantly if you wanted a store credit.

Yes, I'd advise checking to see if Accusize is listing the product you want in their Amazon store. Shipping can make a big difference- probably more so the further you are from the GTA. Example- counterbore set @ $108 Via amazon, free shipping Via Accusize website $108+ $25.20 shipping to me in BC. And, with Amazon, returns are fairly easy (aside from the hassle of dropping off the parcel). I'd be very surprised if Accusize offered to pay the shipping for returns, for any reason at all, with refund within a couple of days, or instantly if you wanted a store credit.
John, I found a Tool and Cutter Shop close to me that deals with Accusize and as long as I order through them, the shipping is done with their weekly order. The resultant freight fee is reduced a minimum.
Returns usually have at least a restocking charge.

No matter how you deal with them, in person, mail order or through Amazon, they stand behind their products.
Good to know. They would have paid for return shipping on those counterbores that weren't as I expected them to be, even though there wasn't anything obvious wrong with them?

For me it's pretty much academic/theoretical as I don't anticipate a lot of future purchases from them. However, since their retail operation is located in Canada, I hope they will prosper.

Good to know. They would have paid for return shipping on those counterbores that weren't as I expected them to be, even though there wasn't anything obvious wrong with them?

For me it's pretty much academic/theoretical as I don't anticipate a lot of future purchases from them. However, since their retail operation is located in Canada, I hope they will prosper.
Check their website and look at the catalog. Very interesting selection.

I bought an Accusize drill chuck and arbor from Amazon, same price but free shipping. Supposed to be here June 2.

Back