Accusize single lip (Deckel style) tool cutter grinder

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
We may have discussed this elsewhere but thought I would pass on a comment about the 2 TCG's which Accusize sells. Their slightly different description of the (new) 5C model caught my attention so I called them to inquire. It turns out that the 5C is not an upgraded machine vs the R8 in any fundamental way. Both comes from the same manufacturer. The price spread seems to have more to do with the accessory package included with 5C model. Anyway, if you have a certain collet collection, at least you have options in Canada which wasn't there before. Shars has carried the 5C for some time. I have seen work heads available separately on Ali which I assume but I couldn't get them to commit to whether it was R8, 5C or older U-style collet used on original Deckel.

Accusize MY-30A (anR8 collet work head)
1686516926789.png

Accusize Single lip cutter grinder (5C collet work head)
Finally, we thought we had better offer a small universal and single lip cutter grinder. Our research found that the CM-U35C Single Lip Grinder is the best machine of its class out there, and is good for almost anything in the right hands.
1686516950179.png

Also goes under name of CutterMaster (note the same description verbiage)

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
pics

Attachments

• SNAG-11-06-2023 2.48.22 PM.jpg
    SNAG-11-06-2023 2.48.22 PM.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 6
  • SNAG-11-06-2023 3.06.59 PM.jpg
    SNAG-11-06-2023 3.06.59 PM.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 6
I have often wondered if the 5c or any other work head would work on my early Alexander grinder. It takes the ultra rare 16mm collets and anything would be easier to acquire...

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Don't know much about your particular grinder but this is the sort of work head I was mentioning. Its providing the 6 or 7 degrees of rotation/adjustment. This is an old ad so you will have to search afresh. They are on Ebay too. Pretty decent value if you had to build from scratch. But on closer inspection they are a it of 'kit' begging for improvements. I hope you have better luck pinning them down on what collet the spindle is. They use the word U2 kind of loosely. I've seen U2 & R8 in the same description. Maybe they mean 'U2 style' cutter but R8 collet. 5C heads are rarer for some reason. Accusize didn't seem to have much interest in bringing in a work head separately at the time. Sidenote, I mentioned in conversation it would be nice f they carried the wheel adapters (which Shars carried). They didn't seem to be aware that was a desirable thing, but at least they are listening.

1686518280939.png

1686518800630.png

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have often wondered if the 5c or any other work head would work on my early Alexander grinder. It takes the ultra rare 16mm collets and anything would be easier to acquire...

I wonder how hard it would be to replace the collet system on it?

Don't know much about your particular grinder but this is the sort of work head I was mentioning.
That is very similar to what I have. It was apparently made under license from Deckle as I understand it.
I wonder how hard it would be to replace the collet system on it?
Unfortunately that is so far down the round to it list that, unfortunately, if I ever want to use it, I am going to have to fix this one with money......
If only you knew how hard it is for me to say that..... It's so much easier spending @David_R8 's money, as mine exists mainly in my twisted mind..:rolleyes:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That is very similar to what I have. It was apparently made under license from Deckle as I understand it.

Unfortunately that is so far down the round to it list that, unfortunately, if I ever want to use it, I am going to have to fix this one with money......
If only you knew how hard it is for me to say that..... It's so much easier spending @David_R8 's money, as mine exists mainly in my twisted mind..:rolleyes:
Don’t laugh. I’m scheming to get a tool and cutter grinder.

Tool and cutter grinders, I have....... Moving them up the list of priorities seems to be the biggest problem, it seems everything I bring into my life is a bit of a project.
Apparently my wife feels the same way towards me...... Hehe....... She still thinks that I can be fixed....Lol. :oops:

I bought one from Shars because it had the 5C heads. Why you have a large range of relatively inexpensive collets available, with the R8 version or the original version your choice of holders becomes limited in sizing.

I bought the large 5C collet set from Accusize. Additionally get the extra stone holders, and few stone with special cutting angles, go diamond for carbide.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Why you have a large range of relatively inexpensive collets available, with the R8 version or the original version your choice of holders becomes limited in sizing.
I'm not clear on what you are trying to say

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
T&C G come on sale on auctions regularly - about every 6m in AB. Maybe sometimes you need to wait a year.

They are not expensive when not tolled up - we are talking between 500 to 1000.

For just a D-bit grinder you can find these cheaper - about same interval in time.