• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Accu tapper in Victoria BC Asking $300

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
What's a reasonable price for this device, and who would use one? The seller is advertising this for a friend and would like to give feedback on pricing.
Thanks!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm not familiar with the brand. Looks like made in Japan? Found link below, new ones ~750 $C. They use clutch assemblies to control slip based on tap size setting (ring on top). So lower run time use would mean higher remaining life & vise-versa. Not sure how to assess this without disassembly. Who would use them? People who have a bunch of tapped holes to do. Tapping is done by pulling down the feed handle of a drill press or mill, so you can do a lot of threads in short time vs conventional methods. An aspiring tooling plate maker! LOL (although the heads come sized to a specific bracketed tap range size & that might be a big fellah).

Tapmatics are here (USA)

Accusize are here (China)

Ian Moss

I have the same tapper. Lightly used for many years. Has worked very well. Can't remember what I paid for it. eBay purchase. Also have smaller tapper for smaller jobs (of course).

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
Thanks, guys - I'll pass along this info to the seller. It sounds like $300 isn't too far out of line? Probably finding the right buyer (any buyer?) is the challenge.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
There was another similar thread a while back.

Rauce

Ultra Member
I saw a local ad in the last week or so selling several tapmatic brand ones for $200-275. Priced according to size, one was 1/4” max, one 1/2” max and one 5/8” max.