• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

A small request: does this forum have friends from the United States?

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
I designed a small product by myself and sold it on Amazon. Since I just started to make products, I was also a novice in Amazon, so I was very confused. I cannot know whether the buyers in the United States can search for my products. If there are American friends, could you please give me a feedback? I know some information, 㤇 because my amazon just in learning! thank you

I'm not sure if it should be called: chuck wrench or

Or who is the operator of Amazon can give me some good advice! Thanks again.

If this post of mine violates the rules of the forum, please remind me!
QQ截图20230307210116.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm not in the USA but I went to the USA Amazon website and could not find your product. I also looked on Amazon.ca and could not find it there either.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm not in the USA but I went to the USA Amazon website and could not find your product. I also looked on Amazon.ca and could not find it there either.
I did find it eventually after putting in the search terms "torque wrench lathe chuck key" . It might be because the catergory you have it listed under.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I cannot know whether the buyers in the United States can search for my products. If there are American friends, could you please give me a feedback?

Amazon.com is the US amazon website. Amazon.ca is the Canadian website. The same applies elsewhere in the world.

Yes, your tool appears on the US Amazon website.

I would call it a "Lathe Chuck Key" and in main description I'd also call it a chuck wrench, a chuck key, a chuck speed key, and a chuck tool. That way, any search will find you.

But I will be honest with you. You will not get much interest or business with an 11mm tool. The vast majority of hobby lathes in the USA & Canada have a 10mm key. In fact you may make some buyers unhappy when they discover that your tool does not fit. That will result in bad ratings which will drive business away.

a smile

Premium Member
Amazon.com is the US amazon website. Amazon.ca is the Canadian website. The same applies elsewhere in the world.

Yes, your tool appears on the US Amazon website.

I would call it a "Lathe Chuck Key" and in main description I'd also call it a chuck wrench, a chuck key, a chuck speed key, and a chuck tool. That way, any search will find you.

But I will be honest with you. You will not get much interest or business with an 11mm tool. The vast majority of hobby lathes in the USA & Canada have a 10mm key. In fact you may make some buyers unhappy when they discover that your tool does not fit. That will result in bad ratings which will drive business away.
I have seen most responses from you. You are a warm older person who has provided me with enough help. I am gradually improving the link of my goods according to your tips, so that it can be displayed as much as possible. Thank you very much.

Even though it's not my financial dependency, I don't want it to go unrecognized.

I think there is a misunderstanding here ---- this is not just for hobbyists, 11mm is because I use 11mm, so I made 11mm first. Can you give me some more suggestions about the size (does the American market want the British system? Student: 1/2? 7/16?) I hope the factory can use my products, which can increase the efficiency exponentially, and have a more beautiful appearance and better use experience! I'm sure it will.

I have a better idea and I will negotiate with the moderators very quickly. A small batch of my 10mm/12mm will also be produced soon and I hope to send some to some friends in this forum to use. Use the feedback can help me to make better improvements!

John Conroy

Premium Member
There are quite a few sizes, maybe based on where the chuck was made. My lathe came with a 150mm 3 jaw chuck and a 200mm 4 jaw, I also have a 200mm 3 jaw chuck that I purchased separately. Both of the 3 jaw chucks use a 12mm key and the 4 jaw uses a 10mm key. All 3 chucks were made in China or Taiwan. If you had a Cushman or Buck chuck for example made in the USA they would use an imperial sized key.
My Vertex 200mm super spacer came with a 3 jaw chuck, made in Taiwan, that uses an 11mm key. I would be nice if they would standardize chuck key sizes.

a smile

Premium Member
Thank you for your popular science and accept your advice. I just started to operate Amazon, and I haven't found the input point of the video yet, so I am working hard

rodm1

I searched for "11mm Lathe Chuck Key" 2 pages come up I didn't see yours. Search for "toosmile key" did work at the bottom of page.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I searched for "11mm Lathe Chuck Key" 2 pages come up I didn't see yours. Search for "toosmile key" did work at the bottom of page.

@a smile called it a "Torque Wrench" on Amazon. That's why you didn't find it with your first search. He already knows he has to change that.

a smile

Premium Member
Lathe chuck key

The main body of the product is made of high strength alloy steel S136, which has very high surface hardness and very strong overall strength. This material can effectively ensure that the key will not corrode and rust easily. 304 stainless steel slip ring; 304 stainless steel Knurled nuts; 304 stainless steel rotary handle; Brass damper; All materials enhance the utility and durability of the key.

After detailed optimization design, the key can quickly adjust the moment arm to achieve small load fast rotation, can also be lengthened instantaneously, using large torque to vigorously lock the chuck jaw. But also added a rotating handle, easy to grasp, enhance the comfort of use, let continuous work easier. An internal spring and brass damper allow the afterrod to hover in any position, or optionally lock the afterrod in the position of your choice.

The afterlever uses high-frequency hardened 45# steel, which is plated with hard chrome and then finely ground. The surface is bright and smooth, with a very comfortable hand feel. And the flat working face is processed on the bottom surface to increase the contact area of the brass damper, which can also ensure the parallelism between the handle and the main body, can also strengthen the locking force, and can protect the booster rod from being out of the stroke.

The precise size of the working square head at the front end, with added rounded corners, can ensure a better fit with the chuck hole; The added hexagonal structure is used as the torque transmission source of the future expansion tool, and the M6 screw hole in the middle is the location of the elastic circlip spring and elastic bead prepared for the expansion tool. More extension tools will follow for sale later.

Modern metallic texture; A vintage bronzer color; Smooth lines; Precise machining dimensions; Smooth metal surface, all this shows the progress of industrial technology. You need a more convenient, longer, more pleasant experience. Please order now! Toosmile is your lifelong companion!

I have changed the text description of various materials and photo display in Amazon, but I still worry about the lack of introduction, because of the language and cultural differences, the words will not make sense. Is there anyone in the forum who is good at writing and familiar with Amazon rules to help me modify and improve the introduction of the product? Is that OK? Please!

Now the text is edited by myself. DIYER of the forum may be able to understand it, but what I need is that most Americans or Canadians can understand the product introduction!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have changed the text description of various materials and photo display in Amazon, but I still worry about the lack of introduction, because of the language and cultural differences, the words will not make sense.
Yes proper English description will go along way in helping promote the product. Simple, clear and concise language is best. Many Chinese to English product descriptions come across as "flowery" and excessive non sense.

a smile

Premium Member
Yes proper English description will go along way in helping promote the product. Simple, clear and concise language is best. Many Chinese to English product descriptions come across as "flowery" and excessive non sense.
Could you please help me modify the English text introduction according to my introduction?

Point out any flaws?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Could you please help me modify the English text introduction according to my introduction?

Point out any flaws?
State the product key features in as few words as possible without ommiting any important information.

Example:
Made from high strength tool and stainless steels by a metal Craftsman with attention to detail.
Large handle provides necessary torque.

Good pictures are worth many words in every language.
Pertinent dimensions are also needed.