• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

9 inch utilathe 1/2 nuts

NormA

Hi, I picked up a 9 inch utilathe and need help from anyone who would of a supplier where I could find 1/2 nuts and the ones on this lathe are stripped. Or a machine shop the could perhaps machine a set.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Got Norm sorted out this morning, I met up with him in Carstairs. Yup, his 1/2 nuts are toast all right. His machine came from a local school shop so has probably seen some abuse. His feedbox has a couple of toasted gears as well, so if anyone has spares or knows of source let us/him know.

@Brent H How many machines has that parts machine we bought rescued now?

Craig

Brent H

Ultra Member
Let me know which gears are toast - I will need a good Outside diameter of the gear and I can possibly make them if I have the right cutter/time - I can do the full range of 16 20, 22 and some 14 and 18 DP at 14.5 PA

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Let me know which gears are toast - I will need a good Outside diameter of the gear and I can possibly make them if I have the right cutter/time - I can do the full range of 16 20, 22 and some 14 and 18 DP at 14.5 PA

It's one of the gear sets in Item #7 : 32T - 16T GEAR ASSEMBLY. The smaller gear was practically toothless. He is managing to get by with the sets swapped around. I told him of your offer, will see if he wants to pursue it.

Craig

NormA

Hi Brent, Craig, starting to figure this out. Brent thanks for any input in resolving the gear set problem. What do you need to know from my end

Norm

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey Norm,

welcome to the gang!

I would need to know what gears are toast and the outside diameter. I asked @YYCHobbyMachinist if he could measure a gear for me. If I have the cutter I can make it and he can finish up the bore - I think there are some key slots on the gear you need.

glad you were able to get your nuts fixed (hahahaha) these little lathes are great !

NormA

Hi Brent

Thanks for getting back to me, I`ll tear it down and take some picks to send you and measurements and we`ll go from there.

Thanks
Norm