YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
967f360a-8ad3-499f-af66-67c80f9e334f

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The working block(s) appear to be missing or were never there which could be the sign of an inferior set.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
New Accusize 81pc set is $218 at Amazon.

I am a HUGE fan of accusize. HUGE!

But gauge blocks are one of the few things I prolly wouldn't buy from them. I think it's safer to find used blocks from a top shelf supplier. I recently got a full set of metric Mitutoyo blocks for $100 on Kijiji.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
b-grade is b-grade no?

0.0001 is 0.0001 no?
WNMG080404 is WNMG080404 no?
Mitutoyo 10ths is Accusize 10ths no?
Mitutoyo BGrade is Accusize BGrade no?

I think you get my point.

I think it boils down to faith. When it comes to gauge blocks that are so precise that most of us can't even measure them to see if they meet their claim, I don't have as much faith in Accusize's ability to deliver what they promised as I do that the Mitutoyo set will be at least as good as they claim.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
b-grade is b-grade no?

I would say only if you trust whoever made the claim, huge swaths of offshore supply are infamous for just putting down on certs etc whatever they think the market wants to hear. I did a review of the "happy vise" for example (I should be doing reviews of happy vices!) and it was 3x worse than the claimed tolerances. They should make those certs in smaller sheets with perforations every four inches or so

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I would say only if you trust whoever made the claim, huge swaths of offshore supply are infamous for just putting down on certs etc whatever they think the market wants to hear. I did a review of the "happy vise" for example (I should be doing reviews of happy vices!) and it was 3x worse than the claimed tolerances. They should make those certs in smaller sheets with perforations every four inches or so

Exactly what I was trying to say but better said. I think Accusize is way better than most and I have a LOT of Accusize stuff to go by. But when it comes to the precision of gauge blocks and other sub 10ths instrumentation, I prefer to trust the likes of Mitutoyo and a few other premium brands.