8” vertex table $450

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Its more commonly called a rotary table. But anyways, Vertex is Taiwan made, good brand. New ones are typically over $C700 plus shipping. If someone has a looksee make sure to inquire about dividing plates, that would be a useful add-on.

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I think that's a decent price. I have the same one I bought about a decade ago for $500 without a chuck.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I stumbled on this same add. I came here to post it and found this thread. Just in case someone is interested, he is down to $275 or OBO. Great price but too big for my mill. :(

New link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...false&listingId=2450210435302487&query=vertex

I did find a 6" one for me in Halifax. How would I get that back to Calgary? (at a reasonable cost?)

do you know anybody in the "cross-Canada" trucking business. A small package like that will fit comfortably under a bunk and probably find its way across the country for a 6-pack.

Even if you don't know somebody, an enquiry to a small cross Canada shipping terminal will locate a suitable trucker. Hired drivers can be convinced with a few bucks to bring a small package with them that isn't "weigh billed"...just have the "shipper" arrive with a package that is easily opened for inspection so the driver can verify there is nothing nefarious inside.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The pictures are the same but the sellers have a different locations and names. I contacted them to see...

Tom O

Ultra Member
I always wonder about that “ you just missed it “ line when it comes up I’d rather hear “ Sorry it’s been sold “

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I asked him to keep us in mind if anything else comes up. He has a CNC shop and is getting rid of manual tooling from time to time.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Dabbler, Sorry it’s been sold to Tom O. lol. Would it make you feel any better? :) Have a great weekend guys.

I would think so... See “ It’s been sold “ is a fact while “ ooh, You just missed it “ seems almost a snide comment, much like the commercial with the dollar bill hanging off the fishing rod while the woman tries to grab it as it’s pulled out of reach! “ Almost got it “ :)

Perry

Ultra Member
I never looked at it that way.
Gone is gone. No more hope.

My comments were me being a smart ass. lol. Sorry. :)

Tom O

Ultra Member
Hey I can smile when I type ya know! :D

Now pronouncing the “ H “ in whipped cream!

Perry

Ultra Member
Well I decided to grab the Halifax 6" rotary table. $325 plus probably $30-40 ish for shipping. (It took a little creatiivity and this is a super shipping deal. COD so I don't know the final price yet.) Maybe not as good of a deal as this 8" one, but it will probably fit my set up better.

Oh, plus I got a tail stock and some dividing plates. Probably CNC this to go with the rest of my machine so not too sure how much I'll use the dividing plates. Always nice to have.

I noticed BusyBee has a 6" rotary table with the same accessories on sale for $515, so I guess I didn't do too bad. $_592.JPG

Perry

Ultra Member
I noticed this 6" table I bought and the 8" one that was listed both have something in common. If you set the table up to use it in the horizontal position, the mounting flange on the bottom has a nice ground flat vertical surface(edge) you could use to square it up. You can see it in the photo I posted. Looks to be maybe 1/2" .

Not all the tables out there have this. Some of the tables have the rough casting and it is painted. Probably a cost cutting measure at the factory?

Brent H

Ultra Member
Several months ago I picked up a 12” rotary table with an 8” Bison 3 jaw chuck mounted to it for $375. - it is a beast but was a good price and it just fits on the mill.
I was trying to get a set of dividing plates for it but found them very difficult to get or way too costly - a place in Australia had them (DP-3) for $119 CDN but wouldn’t ship to Canada. A couple other places in the US were $120 USD. In Canada they were $375 plus tax and shipping - WHAT!!!!!
I was able to arrange a deal through a buddy to get them brought over and it cost $185 total.
What kind of mark up crap is going on here in the great country?
3ECC553B-0E74-404F-BF92-E2234D40C1ED.jpeg