• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

7 x 12 Bandsaw and 17" drill press for sale

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well I have two other drill presses in my shop - one 22" King I believe and one Swedish gear head. Given that my mill can also drill I seem to have covered drilling very well. The extra drill press I want to sell is in my dad's garage and he has another 22" drill press already.

As for band saw I have some old "Metalin" branded band saw from the 50s. Its Dutch made. Its around 500kg. It can cut big stuff - I never measured by it feels like 20 x 12 or something like that. Its main drawback is rather uber-sensitive clutch system that stops the saw the moment the engine starts working - which itself is somewhat tiny at just 1.5hp 3ph. However, its not like I am running production runs - its cuts angle steel super quick. Maybe I need a new bandsaw blade.

As you can see I just have no use for yet another - a bit smaller drill press. The band saw I guess could be made into horizontal so maybe there is some use to it if I wanted to modify it. I.e. if I cannot sell the band saw I may try to figure out how to make it work for me. Then again garage space is precious.