• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

5 Axis CNC Mill Start Up Concept

Having been burned on kickstarter, no product was shipped, no communication, nothing from kickstarter. I’m now way more wary.
I had one great result with an ultrasonic knife l. So then I tried a backup camera for the vehicle which turned into nothing cash just gone. So…. …
 
There are a variety of similar, mini 5 axis machines coming out of china (and elsewhere) now. One of them even had a booth at IMTS and a demo. From what I can see, they're all real companies and real products but I'd be surprised if they can all survive competition from eachother.
Xhorse
infinimaker
ifmaker (site down ATM)
Topfab
Rownd precision (european)

I've heard speculation that the chinese ones are the result of new business/research/industrial grants, which is why they all kind of came up at the same time. I can't actually confirm or deny this though.
 
Back
Top