• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

4x6 bandsaw cart and improvements

Six O Two

(Marco)
So, in another thread I mused that my 4x6 bandsaw was a neverending projects list but I think with these few improvements I'm done for now with the upgrades to my little bandsaw. These are certainly not new ideas and I leaned heavily on the internet for inspiration and ideas.

First off, a new rolling cart because the old one was flimsy as heck.

Parts cut and ready to be assembled.

Bandsaw cart 01.jpg

After welding and some grinding, the cart takes shape.

Bandsaw cart 03.jpg

And now with a fresh coat of paint, and the saw installed. The casters were for an office chair and I used whatever scraps of plywood I had lying around for the cabinet, hence its somewhat shabby appearance. A lot of it actually came from the wooden cart that came with the 14" wood bandsaw in the background... I need to find a sheet pan to put under the saw to catch chips. I know we have one in the kitchen somewhere, but I need to carefully time the moment when I 'borrow' it.

Bandsaw cart 09.jpg Bandsaw cart 11.jpg

Then some improvements on the table. I made the biggest one I could fit in the space available out of 1/4 in plate. The shape needs to be a bit wonky to clear the casting in horizontal mode. Then an auxiliary table out of 1/8 plate which slides on for when I need a bit more stability and the saw is in vertical mode. There's a threaded stand off to secure the auxiliary table. At some point I'll add a wing nut or maybe and eccentric cam quick release, but the nut works fine for now.

Bandsaw cart 04.jpg Bandsaw cart 05.jpg

Bandsaw cart 06.jpg Bandsaw cart 08.jpg

And finally a bit more meat on the vise jaws so I can properly hold smaller pieces closer to the blade, with a threaded hole and bolt on the other side so the jaws don't rack.

Bandsaw cart 07.jpg

The saw's humming along nicely now, but honestly the biggest improvement was taking the time to properly align the blade guides.