• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

3DP Tips and tricks

Perry

Ultra Member
I though a thread to share some of the tips and tricks of the 3D printing might go over good here.

I'll start with a couple.

1: If you have a cylinder you can make it stronger by adding a bore thru it. (make it a tube) The extra walls increase the strength.

2: You can print glue sticks for your hot glue gun. What better to glue two PLA pieces together with then your hot glue gun with a PLA glue stick.

Jswain

Joe
Might seem obvious, but for beginners don't turn off your printer after a print until the nozzle is cooled beyond the melting point of your filament.

If you have an ender 3 type printer with 1 leadscrew for the z axis I found it helpful to auto home the printer 4 or 5 times before a print to make sure the z starts out level. I have dual z leadscrews now but still do it out of habit

Masking tape works way better then bed clips to hold a glass bed on, especially printing/accelerating at higher speeds

3d printing makes great templates for other tools - routers, plasma cutters