• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

3D printer at P.A.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have used F360 but my laptop struggles to run it with anything terribly complicated.
Am now transitioning to Freecad as it seems to require less processing power.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Hey, @RoxyDianna , welcome from Farm Country south of Chatham Ontario. I grow rocks in my crops and repair farm equipment that gets broken by the rocks.

Consider posting on the new members board. We all welcome new members. You will get some great advice and help on here.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
that's because it does so much less :) I would reco getting a better computer. Re-learning cad sw is not conducive to getting things done.

Especially not if you are going backwards at the same time.

I am coming off of CATIA. It's all I can do to muster up enough will-power to re-learn something so much less capable like F360.

On the other hand, I cannot even remotely, in my wildest dreams, afford a CATIA seat. So Fusion 360 here I come - albeit slowly, kicking, screaming, and whining, and otherwise acting out like a big spoiled baby (as in this post). ;)