• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

$20 PLA filament : Industrial Plastics

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
This may have been mentioned already in another post?

Industrial Plastics and Paint is clearing out their Ottertek PLA.
$20 for a 1kg roll.
So if you have an IPP store local to you, it might be worth a visit.
I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's printed perfectly in my Bambu A1 using the Bambu Basic PLA settings.
It's on cardboard spools which are a too-tight fit on the hubs of the AMS Lite- they go on but trying to get the empty spools off is dangerously difficult- so I've been sanding the holes out to ~56mm ID (and then vacuuming the dust off ...).

BTW, I tried a spool of Overture PLA from amazon ($16CAD) - it worked just fine. When I went back a week later to order more, the price had been bumped to $26. "Click here to buy again". No thanks.
The Amazon pricing algorithm hikes prices for returning customers; it's worthwhile to check those previous invoices.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
This may have been mentioned already in another post?

Industrial Plastics and Paint is clearing out their Ottertek PLA.
$20 for a 1kg roll.
So if you have an IPP store local to you, it might be worth a visit.
I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's printed perfectly in my Bambu A1 using the Bambu Basic PLA settings.
It's on cardboard spools which are a too-tight fit on the hubs of the AMS Lite- they go on but trying to get the empty spools off is dangerously difficult- so I've been sanding the holes out to ~56mm ID (and then vacuuming the dust off ...).

BTW, I tried a spool of Overture PLA from amazon ($16CAD) - it worked just fine. When I went back a week later to order more, the price had been bumped to $26. "Click here to buy again". No thanks.
The Amazon pricing algorithm hikes prices for returning customers; it's worthwhile to check those previous invoices.
Industrial Plastics also carries a line that is made here in Victoria.
M3D something or other.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
Industrial Plastics also carries a line that is made here in Victoria.
M3D something or other.
I think I noticed your mention of that in another thread? That was PLA+?
I don't recall the brand, but last week I was in IPP and they were out of white PLA in the Ottertek. The staff person grabbed a different brand box, and said it was PLA+, then said that he didn't recommend printing it in a machine with Bowden tubes. So I passed on it and went home, and ordered the Overture.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I think I noticed your mention of that in another thread? That was PLA+?
I don't recall the brand, but last week I was in IPP and they were out of white PLA in the Ottertek. The staff person grabbed a different brand box, and said it was PLA+, then said that he didn't recommend printing it in a machine with Bowden tubes. So I passed on it and went home, and ordered the Overture.
It was their Performance PLA
I've had outstanding success with on my Sovol 6 which has a direct drive extruder.