YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
0e9cfec8-e59f-4c53-bfe6-6294a3af154f

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Paging Susquatch! Weren’t you looking for a 12”? Not exactly a short drive, mind.

Not really actively looking anymore. I have a Sowa 10 that has met all my needs to date.

Ideally a 12 would be better for me.

But ya, the drive would cost me 300 more. And I really want vertical too.

If the price dropped to 150, I might change my mind.

Right now I'm thinking I'm just gunna make a 12 or 14" fixture plate like @CWret made. Has all the advantages of my lighter Sowa 10 (which I can easily lift) plus adding 12 or 14" diameter.

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
Yep, the 10” I picked up around New Year’s is plenty heavy enough to sling around. Made the mistake of putting it in the passenger footwell when I picked it up, a nuisance to get out.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yep, the 10” I picked up around New Year’s is plenty heavy enough to sling around. Made the mistake of putting it in the passenger footwell when I picked it up, a nuisance to get out.

At 77 yrs old, a 10" in the passenger foot well would rather instantly become an adjustable footrest for the bride...... When i got mine, I put it on the floor just inside the rear hatch back. The guy selling it looked 30 but he didn't help.

I have no trouble moving it from the top of a tool cabinet to my mill table.

I have to modify a tractor towbar today for a neighbour. It is heavier than my rotary table. But it will be a lot ighter when it comes off..... LOL!

That-Guy

Premium Member
@Susquatch , if you were to want to grab it, I'm just down the street from the fella, could find a way to Rucker it down to you.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch , if you were to want to grab it, I'm just down the street from the fella, could find a way to Rucker it down to you.

Thank You!

I'll keep that in mind if the price comes down enough to make it attractive.

For now, my plan is to follow @CWret 's leade with a 12 or 14 inch fixture plate on my 10 inch Sowa rotary table.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I think at 300$ it is a steal, and somewhere just south of 400$ is a 'great price' ...

For someone really need to buy, 425$ MAX. There are others out there for the waiting....