• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

12" Bench Disk Sander

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Just got back from Princess Auto (NE). They have a 12" Disk Sander on sale for $119.99. It's rated at 3/4 HP, but as most of you know this is suspect: likely 3/4 HP as measured using a really old horse.

Anyways, I know most of these are rated for wood, but the name on this is "Mr Blacksmith," which might indicate it's better suited for metal. Either way I used to own the same type of sander. I got it from Canadian Tire 20 years ago and it lasted me forever until I replaced it with a much bigger model. I used it exclusively on metal with no issues. Did tons of angle iron, flat bar and tubing on it.

Might be a good deal for someone's first sander.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Did you see there a skunk trap for 34.99 they have on sale next week? Its similar to yours - it doesn't have the patented cut in the middle and I doubt it has a tail protector but its cheap. Just letting you know the latest about your competition.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Did you see there a skunk trap for 34.99 they have on sale next week? Its similar to yours - it doesn't have the patented cut in the middle and I doubt it has a tail protector but its cheap. Just letting you know the latest about your competition.
Thanks. I did about 6 months of market research and know there are much cheaper options. I was targeting a specific niche, and have seen plans to built DIY ones with wood for 10 bucks. I lost the video but there used to be a guy making them out of 5 gallon buckets. He had a hose bib attachment for drowning them. Pretty gruesome. On the video he got clawed. Serves him right. Poor skunk :(

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
The trap on picture at PA looked so similar to yours you could just cut it in half and attach your sticker to it in order to have your model. Not as fun as making it from scratch. At least it looked that way on a pic.

Drowning any animal is inhumane as seen by majority of population for at least 50 years now. But you have crazy pp out there that do things such as shooting mama bear and her cubs while they hibernate. We should increase fines and prison time for such crimes.

Trivia moment - one of the few good things Adolf Hitler did was introduce first set of laws in the world to protect animals.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Thanks. I did about 6 months of market research and know there are much cheaper options. I was targeting a specific niche, and have seen plans to built DIY ones with wood for 10 bucks. I lost the video but there used to be a guy making them out of 5 gallon buckets. He had a hose bib attachment for drowning them. Pretty gruesome. On the video he got clawed. Serves him right. Poor skunk :(

Where can I find the details for your skunk trap?