11 x 36 LuxCut near Saskatoon

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
It's either been very well looked after or has had a week of cleanup, by the look of the shop I'll vote for the former.

"Asking $4,000" so there is room to maneuver, will make a nice addition to someones shop.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It's either been very well looked after or has had a week of cleanup, by the look of the shop I'll vote for the former.

"Asking $4,000" so there is room to maneuver, will make a nice addition to someones shop.
Yes while it appears to be well taken care of and complete, I'm thinking it's about $1000+ overpriced in my opinion.

That Luxcut seems like a better lathe, no? Separate feed/lead screws/shafts, D1 style chuck, and larger capacity?

EDIT: Looks like its a threaded spindle and not a D1-* style based on some googling.

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That Luxcut seems like a better lathe, no? Separate feed/lead screws/shafts, D1 style chuck, and larger capacity?

EDIT: Looks like its a threaded spindle and not a D1-* style based on some googling.
Oh maybe I just don't know enough about a utilathe....and I am assuming the Luxcut is very similar to other Asian origin 12x36 lathes?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
This gives a partial list of Taiwan generic machine names;

And yes they are threaded spindles.