• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

$1000 REWARD for the return of my stuff. Robbed Nov 2 2015.

As the title says. My truck and garage were broken into Tuesday November 2 2015 around 10PM. I was home with lights on and ended up chasing them out and breaking a 2x4 over the A pillar of their car. Was not able to get a plate # or ID them.

Missing items include:
- Honda EM5000SX generator. Older model with chrome frame but in great condition. Has eyelet connector attached to starter relay but no cable. I could also identify it in other ways in person.
- Lincoln Mig pack 10 Mig welder. about 10 years old. At time it was stolen it had a 10lb roll of Lincoln NR211MP flux core wire. It can be identified by white electrical tape around the gun above the trigger ( slight damage ) Has NASCAR logo on side compartment cover.
- Victor Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42 plasma cutter. like new condition. ( before it was tossed in their trunk ) Thieves left behind almost all of the accessories. If you come across one of these that is almost new but is missing the case (pelican case) , power cord adapters (two of them), glasses and gloves... it's probably stolen.
- Junk Job mate drill press. Older one with no "key" on power switch. Thieves dropped one of the handles while taking it so it only has two handles to lower the quill ...

They also made off with a powerfist angle grinder and floor jack, Valvoline 10w30 and 5W30 in 5 litre jugs. 3-4 of each. Briggs and stratton 1 litre 5w30 oil, antifreexe and a gas jug... every day I notice something else is missing.

I've posted an add on Kijiji with details offering $1000.00 for info that leads to the return of my stuff. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1115556378

My insurance company has covered everything that I knew was missing at the time the claim was filed. RBC did an awesome job I have to say. Unfortunately, the thieves did NOT leave a list of things that they took so I keep discovering that one more thing is missing as the days pass.

Despite getting money form insurance, I am out $1000 deductible, have had down time, and have the inconvenience of scrambling to purchase new stuff at reasonable prices. A guy like me purchases things on sale, on kijiji and makes every penny count. It took me 10-15 years to collect the tools that they took form me.

This is about catching these guys so that they don't do this to one of you next or come back in a year and do it to me again. At he very least spreading the information makes it harder for them to move the product and this information MAY actually make it to someone who can help.

John Conroy

Premium Member
That sucks! Any idea what kind of car it was? When you bashed the A pillar did it break the windshield? What city are you in?

EricB

Wow Joel, that's brutal. I had my truck broken into last November, and have had people rummage through it several times since (I don't lock it anymore) and recently had a future-project dirt bike roll away on me (got it for free, so no biggie)

I'm in a similar situation to you, Kijiji deals and every penny counts, but I will be on the lookout for sales on security lights, and possibly setting up some cameras. At the least you can get fake cameras from PA.

Sorry this happened. What city are you in? You could borrow my drill-press for a while if it helps.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

EricB

I'd keep an eye on Pawn shops. If you see your stuff in one and can prove it in any way, call the cops.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Hey John. I believe the car was a 2000-2006 Ford Taurus... It had that rounded profile they have. Don't recall any badges ... Possibly removed.

The car was speeding away when I hit it and it was dark in the alley. There should be damage to the A pillar and trim but I don't think the windshield broke. In the dark I could have swore it was a dark blue, but there is paint on the 2x4 is more of a teal.

I am in Dover, SE Calgary.

Eric, I've had my vehicle broken into before as well. Most recently just this summer. They left all my tools and just grabbed about $120 Canadian tire money and a few little things.

I've been trying to make time to check out the pawn shops but I've got to work harder and longer to make up for my loss.

I've often considered a security system and cameras. I'm just very good at procrastinating and not very good at spending my hard-earned money for n such things. I guess it's time to actually take action.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I'll keep my eyes open too. Will do some digging online also.

Mark your calendar and check Kijiji and craigslist (apparently craigslist is used for stolen goods because it's less popular, so less often checked by the victim) weekly for a month, then biweekly for as long as you can handle.

Sorry for your loss, glad you got a hit into their car.