1 Ton Club

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Awesome, congratulations man. Let the fun begin.

I had a lathe pretty much the same as that one but colour. I wish I still had it actually.

Last edited:

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Now the work begins getting all that set up and running. Then learning how to run two new to you machines. Congratulations
Yeah. I'm thinking I'll be a couple of weeks anyway with wiring, cleaning, oiling and fixing up those little things that the previous owner just lived with. He hadn't run them for about 8 years, so lots of dry crud to clean. And ht one shot oiler will likely need the lines blown out and the reservoir cleaned out.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nice score Tom you are going to love that qcgb it is a time saver and gives you much more flexibility in feeds and speeds.
You also solved the round column issues with a bigger milling machine with a knee and a lot more rigidity.
You are going to have a fun busy winter enjoy!

KeeponDragon

Super User
Looks great !
Thats 2 of those flat deck trucks I've seen now! The gent that gifted me my 60gal compressor, has one. We used it to haul the comp to my last place. Same brand and type of crane too. Not the speediest machine being an NA diesel...but he gets it done

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I think hiring Adam was a good move, should have been a lot less stress for you. How long did it take to do the move?

When you get to adding a PF to the Y there are a few install threads here that have the style end caps to help out.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
When you get to adding a PF to the Y there are a few install threads here that have the style end caps to help out.
I agree. He was aweseme. Took three hours for when he arrived until we have the machines in the garage. He even helped muscle it in on rollers. Next time I will make skates.

He remembered David and Paul. Sounds like Paul was his last move down there, and I was his last move up here. He's selling the truck as he is working a construction/hauling job. But I suggested he might want to build into the sale that he has the use of the truck on the weekend. He thought it might be worth a shot.

I think I would go PF on X axis first.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Tom, I noticed the QC post on your lathe is the piston type. If it's an AXA size, I have a wedge type new in the box for you.
Thanks!

I'm in the "clean off the sawdust and oil everything up" stage of the move. (He has only been doing wood working the last number of years) Then on to wiring and testing. Finally tooling, lighting, etc.

What would you want to get for them and how many do you have?