YesWelder?

trevj

Ultra Member
Trolling through FB-Marketplace, saw a fairly ridiculous advert for a five in one laser welding machine on sale... For $39 US
Just had to try my luck, just for giggles!

www.girinka.com I ordered and paid for (supposedly) a Firstess CT2050.

Gonna be a heckuva deal if it ships!

LOL! Will report back, if it turns out to have been a scam, but ....

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Trolling through FB-Marketplace, saw a fairly ridiculous advert for a five in one laser welding machine on sale... For $39 US

I think you got screwed.
The Girinka website only started the end of August and apparently already has fake social media accounts.
It looks like Yeswelders are an actual company but the CT2050 is listed at around 1500 USD.
As long as it was good for you:D

trevj

Ultra Member
I think you got screwed.
The Girinka website only started the end of August and apparently already has fake social media accounts.
It looks like Yeswelders are an actual company but the CT2050 is listed at around 1500 USD.
As long as it was good for you:D
Playing with beer money here, so if all turns to pot, it's a talk with my Bank about reversing the charges...
Not gonna get too stressed about it for chump change. LOL!

trevj

Ultra Member
Part of what got me really suspicious that I suckered myself, was when the receipt came in from a "NORSKLA LIMITED". Searching that name came up with ALL manner of warning flags....

On the phone now having the charges reversed and getting a new card issued! LOL! I suckered myself there! Oh well...

I certainly WILL report, if stuff actually shows up, though! (unlikely as hell cooling !).

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Part of what got me really suspicious that I suckered myself, was when the receipt came in from a "NORSKLA LIMITED". Searching that name came up with ALL manner of warning flags....

On the phone now having the charges reversed and getting a new card issued! LOL! I suckered myself there! Oh well...

I certainly WILL report, if stuff actually shows up, though! (unlikely as hell cooling !).
There's some old saying about something being too good to be true or something.....
Hope you get it sorted before the fraudulent charges start popping up.

We had that happen with buying a dog gate....$50.00 shipping included, charged $550.00 with them trying a second charge as I was speaking with the credit card company.

Once bitten twice shy.

Now I use AMEX, they take the Gorilla approach bad vendors and claw back every dollars along with a pound or two of flesh :D

trevj

Ultra Member
There's some old saying about something being too good to be true or something.....
Hope you get it sorted before the fraudulent charges start popping up.
Yeah the card is already fried, and a new one on it's way, no big deal, IIRC, I only have my Internet bill and a trial run at Disney+ as recurring charges right now. Easy to manage. Easier than listening to muzak on the bank's phone system for the past hour and a half, anyways...

I used some of my time wisely, including posting the link to the site I was on, to the folks at YesWelder's own site.

It makes me REALLY happy to be cave-man primitive, as far as not having all my life intertwined with my phone (I kinda resent that it knows my name!), watch, digital shoelaces, etc., that seems to be the way a lot of the more fashionable than me set are going.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Awesome deal man, thanks for the link. I just got one ordered too. Even if it's a poor Chinese knock off, it's gotta be worth the $39! I'll let you know when I get mine.

trevj

Ultra Member
Awesome deal man, thanks for the link. I just got one ordered too. Even if it's a poor Chinese knock off, it's gotta be worth the $39! I'll let you know when I get mine.
Yeah... About that... I nuked the credit card I used, and figured that the site was a scam, after not too much looking around the interwebs...

Tell ya what though, we can compare notes if anything shows up at our doors!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yeah... About that... I nuked the credit card I used, and figured that the site was a scam, after not too much looking around the interwebs...

Tell ya what though, we can compare notes if anything shows up at our doors!
Ya I was just joking...I didn't order. However I did once order a gun scope off a website that in hindsight was an obvious scam site. It took forever to get my money back from credit card company but I guess it was all a worthwhile learning experience for me.

Tom O

Ultra Member
My Dad told us of a guy that swore he had a novel method of bug control that was 100% effective it turns out to be 2 blocks of wood one with a circle inscribed on the instructions read Place bug in circle, Hit with other block.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
If you do end up getting one of these little welders post up a review. I'm curious about one too. I currently use my buzz box from the generator if I need any remote welding around here, but a little guy like this would be a lot easier......I don't expect it to weld as good as the licoln, but for the occasional 3/32 rods it might be pretty handy. Especially in the blacksmith shed for welding on damascus handles and such.

trevj

Ultra Member
I remember years ago a friend of my dad's paid for a guaranteed method of cutting his household bills in half.
He received a cheap pair of scissors in the mail.
On a similar line, guys would send their dollar or whatever (stamps seemed to get used a lot) off for a "Kit to convert your Black and White TV to Color!", and got sent several colors of paint, and a cheap brush!

There were some really creative set-ups out there that were not really outright scams, you just were not in line to get what you 'thought' you were going to!

trevj

Ultra Member
I actually heard back from the folks at YesWelder, and they confirmed that the girinka site was pure scam. Dunno what they are able to do about it, but I also told them that it was a Facebook Marketplace sponsored advert, as well as the name of the outfit that processed the payment.
For which they offered me a promo code for 15% off...

Some of the very small welders on the YesWelder (REAL!) site, are actually pretty attractive for a couple hundred bucks. Very basic DC stick/liftstart TIG machines.