Yellow thumbs-up (like) icon within a post

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Help please, how do you include the yellow thumbs-up (like) icon in a post to the forum.....?

Bill

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
No go Chicken lights. I'm at a complete loss here trying to find the list of icons you show in your post.

Perhaps it's something you can't do from a PC.?

Feel like I'm chasing my tail. Might be an Admin issue, who knows.

Bill

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
No go Chicken lights. I'm at a complete loss here trying to find the list of icons you show in your post.

Perhaps it's something you can't do from a PC.?

Feel like I'm chasing my tail. Might be an Admin issue, who knows.

Bill
F32423A7-EB39-4454-B62D-FEAC8B415096.jpeg
Possibly an admin issue?

If I switch to my PC (laptop) all I had to do was move the mouse over the thumbs up icon. The selections popped up then I could click on the one I chose

That’s a screen shot of my laptop once I logged in to this site

Hopefully you can get this resolved

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
What browser are you using? And what version? Try another browser maybe chrome. I suspect you might be using internet explorer? it has lots of problems.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
What browser are you using? And what version? Try another browser maybe chrome. I suspect you might be using internet explorer? it has lots of problems.

Hello John, I'm running Internet Explorer with Google. Our eldest son in Regina thought he had my issues resolved, apparently NOT.
I also have issues trying to connect with AliExpress so I shall wait until everything settles down then get my PC into hospital and have the problem corrected.

Presently I'm in recovery from a third knee replacement in the past 16 months and no I'm not a centipede, 3 knee replacements in the same knee. This last one is only temporary so I'll be back under the knife in 10 to 12 weeks for a 4th. Much depends on the Covid-19 virus and operating room availability in Regina. For whatever reason my old bones keeps on getting infections which in turn destroys what the surgeon's fix. Presently I'm on some fairly powerful antibiotics through a PICC in my arm running over to my heart.

Old soldiers never give up until the bitter end. Bill

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Bill - download the google made chrome browser and try that. Hope your knee gets better. -J

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wow Bill. Well I hope you can stay healthy especially through this crazy period.

Just to clarify, are you seeing the stuff in the lower right of each post at all? Or you can see them but you cant make the fly-outs appear by hovering over the thumb?

Attachments

• 2020-03-21_15-37-28.jpg
    2020-03-21_15-37-28.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hello PeteT, unfortunately no I see no reference to a slate of icons so I'm not going to sweat it until I can have it looked at much later.

For John, believe our son played around with Google Chrome although I'm unsure of that.

Can't wait to get back into my shop. Bill

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Are you using an older windows? I have an old pc running xp I might dig up to test if you run that system as well

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
This is a test to see if I have my problem fixed.

Apparently NOT only half fixed, although I now have the "Smiles" icons there's no sign of the yellow thumbs-up Like icon. :mad:

No wonder I'm loosing my hair. LOL Bill

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
All right who's the wise guy, don't everyone jump up at once. Did I miss something here why do I feel like I've been had.....!!

Are you guys telling me the "Yellow Thumbs -up is applied after the post by a reader?

Would someone kindly explain the process to this old codger before it's too late.

Smart buggers on this forum. Bill

Last edited:

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Are you guys telling me the "Yellow Thumbs -up is applied after the post by a reader?

yes, I believe that is how it works. Other readers can give your post a yellow thumbs up. Like I just did for your post above (#16 in this thread). If you click on the thumbs up symbol (it has a “3“ right beside it as of now), you can actually see who the readers were that gave you the likes (yellow thumbs up): it was “yyc”, “tomo” and “Robin Hood”

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
All right who's the wise guy, don't everyone jump up at once. Did I miss something here why do I feel like I've been had.....!!

Would someone kindly explain the process to this old codger before it's too late.

Smart buggers on this forum. Bill
I guess I was the wiser this time

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That's okay Bill, somehow the chain for my chainsaw got put on backwards yesterday,,,,, didn't cut worth a sh_t that way.:oops: