X axis power feed options

KeeponDragon

Super User
Hello there everbody,
Just curious if anyone has added a power X feed box to their mill.
With my Induma slowly inching its way home, I'm of course balls deep, upside down, in various rabbit holes looking at ways to update her.
I am on a budget of course, like most of us...so options like Fleabay, Bezo's Fine Chinese Import center, Vevor are coming up....
Input is welcome...I'm just filling in moments at work with visions of chips flying...

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I went with the Bezo guys only because it was sold and shipped by them. It was a couple of bucks more but for the ease of returns and such it's worth it for me. I don't think the brand name matters as at the price they all seem to be the same unit.

Having said that, this is the second generic PF I've had they both work okay. They don't see daily continuous work so for this hobby guy it's acceptable. I just put the second one on my new to me Sharp mill so time will tell.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
There is a video comparing power feeds -

I have all 3 axis on power feed. The X is on a premium stuff from Taiwan - came with the mill. The Z is on cheaper AL version and Y is on the cheapest thing possible for like $100.

The X has been used for few years now and few years before me by previous owner. Solid no issues.
Z for few years just by me - solid no issues
Y just by me for like 2y - solid no issues.

As per video main difference is ease of control - my cheap Y does not seem to have a good "fine tune" setting. This is somewhat OK for say Z axis where I use rapid 99% of the time but a bit of a pain for actual milling. The X which is ALSGS original is perfect.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
I just bought a "Vevo" off Amazon - $235.00 delivered to my door. Had it about 2 weeks now, so far, I like it. Had choice of 150 ft lbs for $219 or 450 ft lbs for the $235. I took the 450 ft lb. model only because I do quite a bit of rather slow feeding and I thought the 450 might handle the slow speed better.

Yes I did, lasted a year but I will admit I ran it hard. When it came off I went to CNC.

To be fair it was the intermediate step to CNC. Once you see the benefit of power feed, the immediate thought becomes what about the Y, then the Z, which leads to what about all at once.....

See the rabbit hole you are entering.....You've been warned.