WTT - Cutters, parallels for...

trlvn

Ultra Member
Hi:

I picked up an auction lot for cheap just recently and I have a few items that I ought to move along to a better home. I wondered about trying to TRADE for these things rather than sell them for money. Ideally that mean somebody local. But if that can't be worked out, I suppose we could each ship stuff to the other and figure out some kind of cash equalization if the shipping costs are too different.

The items I'm offering will be in the next couple of messages.

What am I looking for? First, it doesn't have to be big--I got a very good deal and these bits are surplus. So I'd be interested in something that YOU have a surplus of. More specifically, though, I could use some flywheel blanks. Just about any off-cut that is bigger than 2.5" diameter could work. I could also use some aluminum plate to make work-holding plates for my little rotary table and/or mill-drill. Or maybe a chunk or two of drill rod. ...

Whatcha got?

Craig in Oakville

trlvn

Ultra Member
Milling cutters to trade:

These are too big for my RF-30 mill.

All of the cutters have been regound and are slightly understize. Two still have the protective dip on the resharpened edges.

Cutters 1.jpg

cutters 2.jpg

Details:

6-flute Rougher originally 1.25" (resharpened undersize), 1.25" Weldon shank, no maker mark
6-flute end mill (?), originally 1.5" (resharpened undersize), 1" Weldon shank, "C" logo
2-flute slot mill, originally 1.25" (resharpened undersize), 1" screw shank, by Osborne Sheffield
2-flute double-ended slot mill, originally 3/4", (resharpened undersize), 3/4" Weldon shank, marked H5(?) and owner initials "BJ" ;)
4-flute double-ended end mill, originall 9/16", (resharpened undersize), 5/8" Weldon shank, no maker mark but owner initials also BJ

I'd like to move these as a lot.

Craig

trlvn

Ultra Member
Parallels to trade:

I am keeping a bunch of 6 inch parallels which are the size of my main milling vise. So I'm offering up these longer ones.

parallels 1.jpg

9 X ~1.5"
10 X ~13/16"

Both sets have some light surface oxidization and need a cleanup. Ideally a skim pass with a surface grinder. Each is marked with the maker's initials.

Craig

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I’m quite interested-
- especially the 3/4” weldon cutters and the parallels.
I’m close by in north Burlington (Kilbride)
I have to trade:
- 1.5” & 2” diameter drill steel
- 3x4” heavy aluminum channel (3/8” web) 8 and 10’ lengths
- 5/8 x3” steel flat bar (10’ length)
At cottage now for a couple more days - $ or trade works for me.