• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

WTB Emco maximat super 11

OliverTO

I have been in the market for an Emco maximat super 11 (imperial) for some time. I know this is a long shot, but, if anyone has or knows of one for sale please PM me. I live in southern Ontario and am willing to drive a reasonable distance. Lathe should be in good working and cosmetic condition and be free of damage or wear. Stand and accessories would be a valued bonus.
Thanks,
Dave

I have been in contact with that seller. Price plus shipping is doable, however, I have concerns about the condition of the lathe. The photos he sent showed some discolouration on the ways, not sure if it is just the photo or something to be concerned about. I am not comfortable spending that much money for a machine sight unseen.

I have been in contact with that seller. Price plus shipping is doable, however, I have concerns about the condition of the lathe. The photos he sent showed some discolouration on the ways, not sure if it is just the photo or something to be concerned about. I am not comfortable spending that much money for a machine sight unseen.

Perhaps a member in the area could drop by and look at it for you. I've done that myself for others. It's no guarantee, but it gives you an opportunity to know a lot more without going.

In particular, the way discolouration you mention is a very tough call just going by the photos on Kijiji. Is that rust that got cleaned up? Is it abuse that has put a pattern on the way? Or is it just a lousy photo? Another member could take one look and tell you what you need to know.

Back