WTB - DP16 PA14.5 Involute Gear Milling Cutters

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Singles or a set, what ever you have to spare.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Would you be interested in borrowing the correct cutter?

I think I have a set of DP16s. Not 100% - I have to check. I also have a R8 arbor for it.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Would you be interested in borrowing the correct cutter?

I think I have a set of DP16s. Not 100% - I have to check. I also have a R8 arbor for it.

Isn't DP16 PA14.5 what we used to cut my gear? I would be interested in borrowing if I had a specific need right now thanks. Just trying to get all the bits and pieces together to attempt a gear on my own. All's I'm missing now are cutters and an R8 arbor. Can get a set of 8 cutters and an arbor on Amazon for $200, so I'll probably go that route if no one has auction extras kicking around.

Thanks,

Craig

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You are probably correct in that we used the DP16.

Whichever way you chose, the offer to borrow stands.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I’d buy it. Worst case you get an arbor and the cutters are junk. I’d say you’ll be fine.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I might be mixed up with slitting saws or something else, but do a quick spot check at KBC or similar catalog. I think the nominal hole size might vary, either by vendor or maybe its metric vs imp profiles. Anyways, just make sure you're not buying something obscure you can't add on other cutters to eventually. But I also might be out in left field on this.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ordered... 22mm is very close to 7/8" which KBC carries. KBC's prices on these things are way beyond my means. LOL

...We will see...

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Explain what this arbor would look like please.
Simple shaft with a cap and a screw to hold the cutter in place, can be keyed if necessary. I've made a couple for myself but have recently also ordered one of the Amazon r8 arbors. If you would like pics of mine I can do 2morrow when I'm back in shop.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Simple shaft with a cap and a screw to hold the cutter in place, can be keyed if necessary. I've made a couple for myself but have recently also ordered one of the Amazon r8 arbors. If you would like pics of mine I can do 2morrow when I'm back in shop.

Please post images.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Those will be fine for you.

The only difference between their arbor and the one I made (besides the fact that theirs is 22m and mine is 7/8”), is the length of the arbor below the cutter: their nut is longer and their pressure cap as well. Should not be a problem as most of the time the mandrel upon which the gear blank is mounted has a lot of clearance below it to the milling table.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I found that 99% of alliexpress cutters were all metric and used the 22mm or 27mm arbors. I bit the bullet and have both now. The cost for imperial cutters made it a no brainer.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Please post images.
I made these to use with my lathe before I had a milling machine. The slitting saw arbors in front are not keyed and the back one I use for the involve cutter is keyed.

Although I use these with the milling machine now, I also ordered one of those Asian R8 22mm arbors for the better length. 20211114_073717.jpg

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Cutters.JPG

My cutters and arbor were delivered today. Look OK to me.

The #1 cutter is labeled Z12-13. Is 12 and 13 the number of teeth you can cut using a #1 cutter?