WTB: Courier Service between Edmonton and Calgary for Tube Bender

Xyphota

Ultra Member
Hello All,

This thread might be more appropriate in the Alberta local forums, but I figured as I might be asking for services from members on this forum it could work here.

I live in Calgary and want to buy a tube bender in Edmonton. I am willing to make the drive, but I figured I'd put out the offer to pay someone else to grab it if they happen to be travelling between the two cities already. The seller said he is happy to disassemble the bender as needed and to help load it into a vehicle. The heaviest component should be about 140 lbs.

Alternatively, does anybody have experience with courier services between the two cities for something like this?

EDIT: I misunderstood the location, it is actually located 1 hour north of Edmonton in the town of Westlock. I suspect this will rule out hiring a forum members LOL, not sure about couriers.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I used Purolater to ship my 24" brake from Calgary to Victoria. 100+lbs, 3 day service if I recall and was cheap, like $100.

Xyphota

Ultra Member
I used Purolater to ship my 24" brake from Calgary to Victoria. 100+lbs, 3 day service if I recall and was cheap, like $100.
I was hoping to avoid requesting the seller to package everything up, but good to know that sounds like a reasonable option!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I was hoping to avoid requesting the seller to package everything up, but good to know that sounds like a reasonable option!
On the plus side, you can schedule pickup at the seller's location which removes a bit of burden for them.

Xyphota

Ultra Member
It looks like we are getting it shipped through Hi-way 9 Trucking and I'll pick it up from their depot in Calgary. I was quoted $150 which seems pretty reasonable especially as the alternative is 800km of gas and 8 hours of driving to Westlock and back.

The seller is just going to drop it off at the Westlock depot and they'll wrap it up on skid.