WTB .240 Meyer pin gauge

justin1

Super User
Not sure if this is right area for this but I want to buy a pin gauge to fill the void of the only missing one in my set.

KBC sells the exact one I want but wants 50$ to ship the dam thing lol. So was wondering if there was any Vancouver guys who go to KBC often who maybe willing to pick one up for me and ship my way.

Will cover cost of item and shipping also willing to throw in some snack money.

Or if anyone know a site I can order Meyer brand individual gauges that would be sweet too.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
$50 sounds high for shipping. I thought KBC's (Fedex/Purolator?) flat fee was now $25 or something? Apparently they will also ship onsey-twosey items by Canada Post by request, but depending on how they package it & crazy CP rates it might be $20 vs $25.

justin1

Super User
Ye it's small enough probly can be sent by letter post so only few bucks vs package shipping for around 20$ I would guess.

And seems to be the 50$ still unless you spend 500$ then it's free lol

Call them up and ask for their best shipping rate, it will be better.
I'll have to give them a shout see what they say kinda seems like it's an order in thing and not a stocked item. So maybe able to get drop shipped

justin1

Super User
This is what I saw last time when I got a shipping estimate to my place. So doubt it has changed. Gonna try and call them over next few days currently stuck at work for another 4 weeks so when I get my next day off or a slow day I'll give them a shout. In mean time gonna keep surfing web and try to find a single gauge lol.

Screenshot_20230911-211353.png

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes its flagging $25 min order but that doesn't include the typical shipping rates they bake on top of the order? Starts at 36$ in your example & goes up from there. Ship best method I believe is they check if CanPost is less expensive but usually they select CP Expresspost & ends up pretty close to their preferred courier

1694499041739.png

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
$60 for a $6 part is pretty tough to justify, makes Ali and those like it look doable.

KBC is in a tough market with the cost of labour and shipping making it hard to compete with offshore.

justin1

Super User
Ye Ill probly just have to order a random brand pin gauge but for now I'm gonna see what happens.

Ye they need to do something or like many other small businesses will end up as just a amazon drop shipping service lol