Working With Shipvista - Questions

Tecnico

(Dave)
I have something up on Kijiji (not shop related) and the out of province buyer wants to use Shipvista to ship. He will send me a pre-paid shipping label to print & attach.

He has said that Shipvista would want my phone number and address along with my name, "in case something went astray" is that normal? I picture dropping the box off at the post office and being done with it so why would they need my info or does Shipvista arrange pick up?

With all the scams going on I'm keeping an eye out for anything that doesn't sound right.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Dave

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I haven't heard of that particular scam, it may not be a scam, but definitely seems fishy to me

The Canada Post shipping estimator on the website is extremely accurate when you feed correct info, you could give him a price, he pays, you ship

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I haven’t set one up- but Canada Post has a way for the buyer to make a shippping label, that can be emailed to the seller. Seller prints it off and takes the label to the post office with the package

Works great to leave the seller anonymous

Don't.

While Shipvista may be valid company unless you completely trust the buyer, don't.

If you arrange the shipment thru Shipvista and the buyer pays you, you are covered as you have the shipping address and can verify the location and delivery to avoid back charges.

I've done a shipment for @David_R8 on his behalf thru a similar service to save him money, basically I acted for him in picking up and sending it from himself to himself. Trust between him and I.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Hi Folks

Thanks for the input, here's an update.

I tried to call Shipvista, there's no-one manning (personing?) the phones, please leave a message and we'll get back to you. OK - Minus one point. Interesting concept though, accessing better shipping rates in bulk and re-selling them.

I think I'll be receiving an E-mail with a pre-paid Canada Post label, they're one of the providers SV claim to use and the buyer mentioned it. I really like that option, it means I don't have to shell out up front for shipping and it retains anonymity.

I'm not sure that SV asked for my identity info, it may be the sender thinking it was good to have to give to them just in case. I've given them the E-mail address I usually use when I think it'll attract SPAM and told him that they can use that contact point.

I don't think I'm dealing with a scammer but I'm defaulting to better safe than sorry.

When they send me the E-transfer and it's safely deposited (verified) the package will ship.

Thanks,

D :cool:

Tecnico

(Dave)
@Tecnico - did this work out for you?

Sort of**

I duly followed the trail up to the point where the “buyer” asked for my name, address, phone number and E-mail “in case” Shipvista needed them. They ghosted when I told them if SV needed more info they could E-mail me directly.

Jury is out but the voices in the corridor are whispering SCAMMER! Looks like an attempt at identity theft…….

So far on the couple of things I have put up for sale lately, Kijiji seems to be populated mostly with SCAMMERS.

**Sort of means Tecnico 2, scammers 0 but no sales.

Where have all the honest people gone?

D :cool: