• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Winnipegger joining

Gregmxwll

Just came across this site, thought I would jump on. I am a retired guy with a garage shop, inside is a Tormach mill, a engine lathe, home made press brake, also a Tig welder and heat treat oven. It's nice to see a forum with locals, glad to come across it. Oh, in my basement I have what I started with is the Sherline lathe and mill.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Welcome aboard Greg, great place to spend slack times. Like you many members are retired.

Enjoy!

deleted_user

Super User
Just came across this site, thought I would jump on. I am a retired guy with a garage shop, inside is a Tormach mill, a engine lathe, home made press brake, also a Tig welder and heat treat oven. It's nice to see a forum with locals, glad to come across it. Oh, in my basement I have what I started with is the Sherline lathe and mill.
welcome from Toronto

Gregmxwll

Hey Craig, looks like a miniature loader?
272103676_10221007374110286_1408117222476169177_n.jpg
Here is a little better pic, I do have RC loader, I'll show you that soon.

Gregmxwll

Welcome.

I'm going to guess your profile pic is of a remote control electric dozer to deal with all that Winnipeg snow?
Ya, first year with it, the testing part thus far. I found it to have some issues, the gear boxes are not up the task. Rebuilding as we speak.