• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Why am I posting a metal casting video in the 3DP section?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I don't do metals casting, but I find it fascinating. This guy does metal casting in a spare bedroom in small apartment in Europe somewhere. Everything he does seems quite unconventional, but it seems to work:

I can see the divorce rate going up when some guys start casting stuff using SWMBO's kitchen appliances.

I can see the divorce rate going up when some guys start casting stuff using SWMBO's kitchen appliances.

Ya, but I wonder if the same effect occurs when some guy is making kitchen stuff with the kitchen stuff......

I'm not brave enough to even try.

Heck, I once bought a little toaster oven mostly to dry out dessicants. I bought it myself for myself. I kept it in the basement work shop - aka man cave. One day, I came home and it was on the counter in the kitchen toasting bread. I tried to reclaim it and got the icy stare of impending death..... Then she slowly said..... You.... told.... me.... I.... can't.... use.... a.... chisel.... as.... a.... screw..... driver.... :oops:

Ya, but I wonder if the same effect occurs when some guy is making kitchen stuff with the kitchen stuff......

I'm not brave enough to even try.

Heck, I once bought a little toaster oven mostly to dry out dessicants. I bought it myself for myself. I kept it in the basement work shop - aka man cave. One day, I came home and it was on the counter in the kitchen toasting bread. I tried to reclaim it and got the icy stare of impending death..... Then she slowly said..... You.... told.... me.... I.... can't.... use.... a.... chisel.... as.... a.... screw..... driver.... :oops:

This is why I'm divorced and have lived alone for over 20 years. My girlfriend of 8 years lives in her house and I live in mine. I told here if either of us moved in together, it last for a month.... that's it. So its best this way, even though once and awhile she brings it up and I just say, you know me and you know what would happen lol

Yah, some of them just will not leave! Mine says, I am much better then the first model she had. We do have the odd disagreement, sometimes not more then 4 or 5 a week/day, and life goes on
Yes, I do have my "own" toaster oven in the the shop, she has her own tools and 5foot high tool chest. You can not take her into a tool store, the gun shop, or the fabric store, as at least one hand will be full when leaving.
And to maybe get back to subject, I hope to be able to do some casting again one day.

she has her own tools and 5foot high tool chest. You can not take her into a tool store, the gun shop, or the fabric store, as at least one hand will be full when leaving.
And to maybe get back to subject, I hope to be able to do some casting again one day.
My kind of woman

Back