Who is using solidworks and is a skilled designer?

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
我已经使用它大约 10 年了,我学习和使用它也有大约 8 年了,但只有简单的功能。这是一个功能强大的软件,我不是专业设计师,大部分时间都是在网络查询使用方法的时候需要什么功能,所以,对于曲线、曲面感觉非常难以驾驭。

这是我尝试画的虎钳,但是它的平滑很难做到流畅的漂亮的线条,谁能说说这个软件的使用体验吗?
QQ截图20230709210956.jpg

a smile

Premium Member
I found a problem, this post was put into the wrong column, it should be in computer aided design, please forgive my mistake, please ask the manager to move it to the correct column, thank you manager!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I found a problem, this post was put into the wrong column, it should be in computer aided design, please forgive my mistake, please ask the manager to move it to the correct column, thank you manager!

Done!

Proxule

Ultra Member
我已经使用它大约 10 年了,我学习和使用它也有大约 8 年了,但只有简单的功能。这是一个功能强大的软件,我不是专业设计师,大部分时间都是在网络查询使用方法的时候需要什么功能,所以,对于曲线、曲面感觉非常难以驾驭。

这是我尝试画的虎钳,但是它的平滑很难做到流畅的漂亮的线条,谁能说说这个软件的使用体验吗?

I've been using it for about 10 years, and I've learned and used it for about 8 years, but only with simple functionality. This is a powerful software. I am not a professional designer. Most of the time I spend most of my time searching the Internet for the functions I need. Therefore, it is very difficult to control the curves and surfaces.

This is the vise I tried to draw, but its smoothness is difficult to achieve smooth and beautiful lines. Can anyone tell me about the experience of using this software?

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Hi,

I don't use Solidworks. I do have years using many different software packages. I took a screenshot of your blend. It looks like some elements are tangent, and some not. for the purpose of seeing if this blend will be close to what you want, I suggest to break it up into segments as shown below. I would then use 4 sided surface to construct the patches. This would give you a rough idea of what it will look like shaded. It appears the part is symmetrical. Mirror your patches if they look good.

1688949097704.png

a smile

Premium Member
Hi,

I don't use Solidworks. I do have years using many different software packages. I took a screenshot of your blend. It looks like some elements are tangent, and some not. for the purpose of seeing if this blend will be close to what you want, I suggest to break it up into segments as shown below. I would then use 4 sided surface to construct the patches. This would give you a rough idea of what it will look like shaded. It appears the part is symmetrical. Mirror your patches if they look good.

View attachment 36358
Is this software UG? I have downloaded and installed it and bought a tutorial to learn it, but I don't have much time to learn it now. And its usage habits are similar to CAD, so I am not used to it. Thanks for trying.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hi old Dad, I need your help to become a premium member, I don't think I can operate, can you help me?

I fixed your post so your question wasn't part of my post.

Sure, glad to help you young fellow!

Click on your avatar at the top of the page.

Screenshot_20230712_085715_Chrome.jpg

Then click on "account upgrades here:

Screenshot_20230712_085803_Chrome.jpg

You can then select a donation level that gets you a premium membership.

I think $60 a year is the minimum amount.

I don't know how payment from China will work. Presumably you are used to doing that.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I see. Seems to me it would be impossible to fix that crap.

But I guess if an ugly caterpillar can turn into a beautiful butterfly, then maybe someone could put UG skunk into a meat grinder and morph it into something useable.
You just need to see it... you will be sold,, one day I will get there. !!