• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Wheel bearings on the skid steer went south.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sounded like the drive chains where jumping today so i went to tighten them, right front wheel bearings are gone. Worked on it till my back said stop then called in a younger back to help, so with 2 of us saying really bad things about the engineer that designed this thing we finally got it apart. Phone call to Rocky Mountain Equip tomorrow and see how long parts will take to get here. Shouldn't be anything special, i hope.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What kind of machine is it? I have a bobcat 873 and I have to rebuild the lift cylinders very soon. While i'm at it I have a pin that seized and turned and won't take grease. Not looking forward to it. These things aren't fun to work on.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
What kind of machine is it? I have a bobcat 873 and I have to rebuild the lift cylinders very soon. While i'm at it I have a pin that seized and turned and won't take grease. Not looking forward to it. These things aren't fun to work on.

I hate those too. Grrrrrr

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My my machine is a Case 1840 skid loader. Hand controls for the bucket, which i much prefer over foot controls. For sure no room to work on these things. Found a vid on U-tube on removing the hub, no dice can't use his info and same machine.