• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

What’s on your tool want list?

thriller007

Since this is all new to me my tool list has a few missing items. I want to eventually get....
1 power feed that will work with my cx601,
2 dro (ordered but will see if they ever ship),
3 height gauge to use on a granite
4 face end mill cutter
5 knowledge
6 experience
7 and lots of aluminum to practice on
So what are you wanting, machining related of course...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Already have 3 and many of the 4. One can not have too much 5 and 6. Plenty of 7 in both aluminium and steel - maybe special sizes needed once in a while. Can always add more 1 and 2.

I guess for me right now it is specialty stuff such as additional grinding fixtures for T&C - from the small stuff accessory list.

For machines it is CNC. Both milling machines and lathes. I would start with a milling machine first, if possible.

I am very well stocked with all regular stuff - for manual machines I have all common machines. For tooling I have 1000s of end mills and other cutters.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'm in immediate need of a TDI and a set of 6" parallels.

Should probably replace my 1-2-3 blocks some day.

A proper set of large angle plates would be a nice to have.

DRO.... But waiting to see if recent AliExpress orders actually get delivered.

Apparently I need a better drill chuck?

trlvn

Ultra Member
How about a 2,000 sq ft shop...

and the money to fill it with toys!

More realistically, I'm looking for a set of 5C collets and blocks. Slitting saw arbour and blades.

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh man if I start wishing it could just about not end...but in realistic terms I need more milling machine accessories, rotary table, parallels, cutters, gauges indicators, jigs, etc... i have to eliminate the desire to get bigger, fancier but rather make what I have work better/easier.

Bradells

(BRad)
Dro
Thin parallels
Adjustable parallels
Band saw
Garage
New machines
ER collet set
Quick change tool post
Slitting saw
Better vice
Cylinder square
Better everything else :p

Brad

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I seem to have too much stuff. My wants: More time to do machine things.... A master cylinder square and a squareness gauge would be nice :D

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hi list, all I want for Christmas is my pending (date unknown) right knee replacement and a sound leg that will function afterwards minus the ongoing body infections. Best tool anyone could want because it's bloody hell the way I am. Bill

Tom O

Ultra Member
Involute cutters ( 14-1/2 on the way ) metric to get
more cat 40 3/8 & 1/2” collets
smaller surface grinder
hydraulic press for broaching 8 to 10” travel
more powerful mig 250 currently have a 135 or attachment to work with the miller 351
maybe one of those tube benders with the dies but that’s way down on the list.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi list, all I want for Christmas is my pending (date unknown) right knee replacement and a sound leg that will function afterwards minus the ongoing body infections. Best tool anyone could want because it's bloody hell the way I am. Bill
I hope you are able to get some improvements and help in a timely manner. Health issues are troublesome and pain really makes it hard to enjoy life sometimes . Here's to your health!

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
More time in the shop

Tool cutter/grinder

Cutters for horizontal mill arbors

Sheltered outdoor space to run propane forge in all weather conditions

Forklift

And more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk