• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machine What has he done now!?

Machine
brain is focused on how to sneak this home and get it into the basement

If it were me, I'd prolly try something along the lines of.... Hey Sweetie, the guys want to help me move that old machine that I got from Harry a few years ago into the basement tonight. You should prolly plan a night out with your girlfriends so we don't bother you......

If it were me, I'd prolly try something along the lines of.... Hey Sweetie, the guys want to help me move that old machine that I got from Harry a few years ago into the basement tonight. You should prolly plan a night out with your girlfriends so we don't bother you......
You've done this before!

....... well lad, it looks like you're in a bit of a predicament now aren't ya?
I figure that you are pretty heavily invested in that crate, so a few more bucks can't hurt.....too much. :rolleyes:
So, here's my plan: tell her you have booked her car into the shop to have it's muffler bearings greased and summer air put in the tires before it gets any hotter. Take the car to your work and park it there. Hit up a car rental place and rent her a "courtesy" car. When she heads off to work in the morning call in the rental as being stolen, by the time the cops are done with her and she has proven her innocence your new toy will be in place and she'll be far too rattled to notice the new toy. * IMPORTANT! * If your phone is ringing DO NOT answer it until your ruse has been completed! :cool:
Drastic times call for drastic measures....... Good luck!

Brilliant! What could go wrong? Setting me straight on a pragmatic course of action, that's why I love you guys so much!

So.... after a bit of crow barring....its a Schaublin 102VM lathe and a Schuablin SV12 Mill!

The VM is the same basic size bed as a regular 102, but its very different. Instead of a slide rests, it has a saddle running on V ways and a huge 40mm leadscrew through the centre of the bed. Both have most of the accessories Schuablin made (and they tended to go a bit nuts on this) and show the original scraping marks on the all bearing surfaces I've seen. This will involve a bit or a re-org, I think at least two mills and two or three lathes will go, which will break my heart but the functionality is duplicated. It'll be a net equipment upgrade and give a little more space - buying machines to get more space, home shop guys can justify anything.

20240725_172319-1300x1300.jpg

1721990461098.png

20240725_172336-1300x1300.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant! What could go wrong? Setting me straight on a pragmatic course of action, that's why I love you guys so much!

So.... after a bit of crow barring....its a Schaublin 102VM lathe and a Schuablin SV12 Mill!

The VM is the same basic size bed as a regular 102, but its very different. Instead of a slide rests, it has a saddle running on V ways and a huge 40mm leadscrew through the centre of the bed. Both have most of the accessories Schuablin made (and they tended to go a bit nuts on this) and show the original scraping marks on the all bearing surfaces I've seen. This will involve a bit or a re-org, I think at least two mills and two or three lathes will go, which will break my heart but the functionality is duplicated. It'll be a net equipment upgrade and give a little more space - buying machines to get more space, home shop guys can justify anything.

View attachment 50109

View attachment 50111

View attachment 50110
Before anyone else says it - "You suck!" (Beautiful machines, I'm happy for you)

Congrats!
So strange... sometimes I get on these YouTube rabbit holes & a recent one was Shaublin 102's. When I saw your crate I thought, hmm.. squint your eyes, looks like a Shaublin, naw... must be red VW syndrome.
Like Yoda, your acquisition excitement aura is penetrating the Alberta smoke all the way to Calgary. The force in this one is strong! LOL
Now I find myself grazing on vintage BMW engine rebuild videos for some strange reason. Shall I tell @DavidR8 's wife they may be 'expecting' soon? LOL

Attachments

• EDT-26-07-2024 9.45.08 AM.jpg
    EDT-26-07-2024 9.45.08 AM.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
  • SNAGIT.jpg
    SNAGIT.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
Back