What are these?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
They look like tapered spiral reamers but are marked with final size, mostly 3/4.

To me they feel like some kind of drill bit, serving same purpose as core drill bit, I. E. Enlargement.

It feels these were maybe used in construction to align and finish holes, sort of like spud wrench, but with drilling, just guessing.
8d9ae277d407de57a3e961c16e597e6a.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Iron working reamers, just need the all important nut welded on the end

Are you selling them ? IMG_20220514_132013_451.jpg

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
If the are in half decent shape I'd give you 100$ for all of them, they are definitely worth more than that new, but depending how they have be ran they developed dull spots in the most inconvenient places, and a guy never knows until he trys to Reem out a pair of holes

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
If the are in half decent shape I'd give you 100$ for all of them, they are definitely worth more than that new, but depending how they have be ran they developed dull spots in the most inconvenient places, and a guy never knows until he trys to Reem out a pair of holes
@phaxtris What are you going to do with them?

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
@phaxtris What are you going to do with them?

exactly what they are made for, ream holes, part of my work is structural steel erection

in a perfect world where no one makes mistakes a building should go up just like an erector set, unfortunately we know its not a perfect world, guys punch/drill holes wrong, or site conditions may cause a miss alignment, if your within half a hole on a connection using a reamer is the easiest/fastest way to get things bolted up, and requires no skill, weld a nut onto the end and any dummy can hit it with an impact and have that connection bolted up in under a minute

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
They look like tapered spiral reamers but are marked with final size, mostly 3/4.

To me they feel like some kind of drill bit, serving same purpose as core drill bit, I. E. Enlargement.

It feels these were maybe used in construction to align and finish holes, sort of like spud wrench, but with drilling, just guessing.
8d9ae277d407de57a3e961c16e597e6a.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk
They are waaayyyy more versatile than drill bits, and stay sharp wwwaaaayyyy longer. Also perfect for when you need to make a part work but the dimensions aren’t critical. I rarely bother with large drill bits anymore, I’ve got a 9/16” (1/2” holes) 11/16” (5/8” holes) and a 1” for everything else after that. High speed low pressure they are grabby in steel