CA-ON West Toronto material comparison

Ontario
Type
Supplies

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
The fellow I spoke to at Golden Triangle said they no longer allow people to come it and look for offcuts. You have to order and pickup, full price.. so.

BUT. I got a quote from Online Metals a while ago and the only thing in my way was the problem of shipping. So thank you for the Shipsy heads up; that's helpful.
You are going to find that a lot of yards restrict people from wandering thru their inventory.
Liability concerns and safety are the main reasons.

If you get to know the people involved they will allow you in.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Good to know Mike.
Ted Nesbitt has invited me in to see there inventory.
I will stop in there next week.

Went to McKinnon Metals this morning. Great place, you can wander around and pick what ever you want. I got mild steel for 1.00/lb, and aluminum for 4.00/lb. The people are friendly too.

I've been there twice. Great place. They keep all their offcuts on racks separate from the general inventory. And they have a scales for weighing stuff. Open Saturdays too.

Attar is the best one, there are others close.

On a good day, they have a lot to choose from, 2 foot square plates up to 3/4" thick, blocks, rounds you name it. I found the place many years ago when Metal Supermarket was closed on a Saturday, the guy looked at what I needed and said just take it not worth weighing. They have a rolling bin for each type of metal, more aluminum than anything else probably because of proximity to airport.

View attachment 46605
Love this map. Thank you a lots!