West Edmonton Lathe

Jpnichol

Brand New Member
Hello,

I’m looking for someone in Edmonton who could cut 23mm off the knurled end of a stainless faucet handle.

We installed a new faucet in our bathroom and currently the handle is too long and hits the bathroom mirror when you want hot water.

I assume doing this on a lathe would be best but I’m not really sure. Fell free to message me directly. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 24

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
If you're not concerned about extending the knurling after cutting it, then a cutoff wheel in a angle grinder would do the trick.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Have you thought about turning the faucet so the handle is at the front?

I had to do that recently when we had a new counter top installed and they drilled the hole to close to the wall.

A hacksaw would work as well,,,, just doesn't look as nice as being turned in the lathe.

Jpnichol

Brand New Member
Thanks for the responses. A hacksaw and angle grinder I both have, but I can anticipate my results. It’s our main floor bath so would rather be turned on the lathe.

Also clocking the tap forward was vetoed by the “boss”.

Thanks for the responses. A hacksaw and angle grinder I both have, but I can anticipate my results. It’s our main floor bath so would rather be turned on the lathe.

Try not to take this out of context..... Mirror is too big. :rolleyes:
..... From this man's perspective :p
...... never could figure a woman out, can stand in front of one for hours and complain about something or other, and always want a bigger one..... I stopped looking at them when some old dude took over the other side......:oops:

Tecnico

(Dave)

Bruce lives at your place? ;)

We mounted the kitchen tap, handle forward. Tell Bruce that everyone in Canada does it that way. My S.O./scientist said it was very logical, hot left, cold right just like old fashioned taps, no need to keep doing the mental transposing to get the correct hot or cold. How could I argue with her? :D

Try mounting it that way “for now”, tell Bruce that it’s just until you can get one of us to mod the handle and see if it doesn’t grow on you & the Boss.

If that’s not helpful then there has to be someone in Edmonton with a lathe and a few minutes.

D :cool:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
no no don't do that. Cut it off at the threaded end and add new threads. Keep that nice knurled handle. Shortening the handle will reduce the leverage. You might prefer it rotated after all. We're a chatty bunch here - ask for one guy to help and you get a horde. That should be a warning on the site. :D