• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CA-AB Welding Gas

Alberta
Type
Supplies

BaitMaster

Ultra Member
Hey guys, talked with my welding gas supplier today, they came out with some more offers. They now have bigger “you own” cylinders for the little guys (us). These are not rented. You purchase the cylinder, and then the gas. When your empty, they will exchange their (branded) cylinder that you paid for, and give you a new one full of gas. You pay for the gas and own the cylinder.

A little cylinder is 250$ and a big one is 400. Gas for little is 50, gas for big is 75. That’s pure argon.

You can get your cylinder refunded whenever you want for the going rate.

It’s a decent arrangement for me, considering you don’t have a rent payment.

I’m not affiliated with this company in any way and do not receive any sort of compensation.

The company is called Bandidos.

This sounds like a good deal.
I have a similar arrangement with KMS in BC. Except, I own the cylinder. They refill ny cylinder. After 10 years, I have to have it hydro’d and inspected.
My acetylene bottle is similar to your deal - I paid for the bottle, but exchange the empty bottle for a full one.
Where are you located?

This sounds like a good deal.
I have a similar arrangement with KMS in BC. Except, I own the cylinder. They refill ny cylinder. After 10 years, I have to have it hydro’d and inspected.
My acetylene bottle is similar to your deal - I paid for the bottle, but exchange the empty bottle for a full one.
Where are you located?
Taber, Alberta.

They have a Lethbridge location as well.

Back